Review by captainvidiot

"Ocarina of Time+new graphics+new Equipment+Imp=Not as good as Ocarina of Time, but still good."

Introduction: I have been playing Zelda games for a number of years now, and I have come to like the 3D ones better. The order I rank the 3D Zelda's are Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Majora's Mask. I like all of them, though, just some more than others. I have played every Zelda game ever made, and I've got to say, this is one of the better ones. The best graphics by far, the biggest range of equipment, the introduction of the Twilight realm, the return once again of Ganon, and it being a near direct sequel to Ocarina of Time made it all the better. It still is not as great as the wonderful, fantstic, great, godly, beastly, derstructive, powerful and merciful The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. But this review is about Twilight princess, not Ocarina of Time. If it were, well, I already submitted a 10/10 review that got accepted for it. Sorry, I can't help but talk about it, it's just a great game, ya know? Okay, no more talking about Ocarina of Time! Now that we got that out of the way, let's talk about the real game here, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Released for both the Gamecube and the Wii, I have it for the Gamecube. The only difference between the two being the map was flipped. The reason for this is that in the Gamecube version, as in most Zelda games, Link is left handed. But the Wii remote and Nunchuk attachment was right handed, so they had to make Link right handed. However, the world was built for Left-handed Link, so they flipped the map to compensate. I like the Gamecube game better for two reasons. 1, it is more true to the Zelda universe, being the original map. 2, the controls, in my opinion, are much better. They are standard for 3D Zelda's, set by Ocarina of Time. What? No, I said it again. Oh well, I better stop now, before it get's crazy. Where was I? Oh, right. Well, Twilight princess was then declared by multiple sources, the first 10/10 game since Ocarina of time.......... No, not again! Well, I give it a 9/10 because its not as good as Ocarina of Tim- I mean that other game from before that I talk to much about because I like it so much. Well, I better get on with the review already. Man, this is going to be at least 1750 words long! Well, I guess the better a game is, the more reviews it gets, because the whole fan bases wants to show everyone how much they love it, and the haters want to show thier extreme hatred for the game. Though I hope no one does that. Now remember, just because I am a Zelda fan doesn't mean that I love every single game in the series. I really don't care for the original two games in the series. Bah, I really need to get staarted on the review. Right not! Here it is, enjoy!

Graphics 10/10: Ah, graphics. a very important game quality indeed. Something Twilight Princess is not lacking in. Sure, it's not PS3 graphics, but definitely pretty good. Very crisp and seamless. It takes Ocarina of Times graphics, and re-vamps them to give you a great gaming experience. But that is not all that makes a good game good. No, the other factors are much more important. No, gameplay, controls, and other things are what really matters. The graphics are, and forgive the Cliche', the icing on the cake. By that I mean it makes it nice to look at, and It tastes a little better, but it truly is what is on the inside that matters.

Sound 10/10: The music itself rivals that of the former holder of the crown, Ocarina of Time, but the great thing is that Twilight Princess featured a live Orchestra. I wonder if they new they were playing video game music at the time? Well, either way, the results are great, leaving you stunned and amazed. If Ocarina of Time had used a real orchestra........ man, I need to stop brining up Ocarina of time! Seriously....... Well, either way, this game had some great music. And the sound effects never go old, either. The occasional yell or grunt or scream as Link rolled, slahed an enemy in half, or plummeted to his death did not get boring, even after 50 hours of gameplay. How is this possible? How is it possible for me to write a 1750 word essay? Exactly, that's how.

Storyline 9/10: The ever used boy finds magic sword uses it to save princess from evil monsters is overused, but is not entirely old yet. And it is used once again. Zelda seems to use it over and over and over and over again, but the franchise and gameplay is so good that they can do that over and over again. Still, they do occasionally add new things like the Twilight realm and the dark world and the Foursword to make things better. Very great, awesome indeed, no matter how overused. The revelance to the Timeline that includes all Zelda games made by Nintendo (yes, there is one, don't try and tell me there isn't) is it follows Ocarina of time and Majora's mask, in the timeline Link was sent into (yes, the spli timeline theory is no longer a theory, that's just what we are used to calling it). It is a new Link, a new Zelda, and the same old evil Ganondorf. Man this guy will never leave. Seriously......... Anyways, Link has to liberate the Twilight Zone........ I mean Twilight realm, sorry, in order to power up his sword to kill the evil Ganondorf. I think he only seals him in the Twilight realm, though. In fact, the only game he was ever killed in was............ well, the first one. Anyways, this game was set 30-40 years after Ocarina of Time, which was one of the first in the complete and full Zelda timeline. This marked the first game that Ganon was sealed away in, other than Ocarina of Time. He also did not get the triforce of power of his own accord, it was given to him as some sort of divine prank from the sages.

Controls 9/10: Same standard controls that we are all used to from Ocarina of Time, no surprises, except only two equip buttons, which can be a pain in the butt sometimes. But oh well. Once again utilizing the Gamecube controller, the item equip screen once again has it's own menu! Instead of going through the pause screen, just hit the up button on the directional pad. Easy to master and even easier to use! Man I love 2D Zelda games. It's just great they use the same controls! But with the Wii, and Wii mote, I don't think the standard will still be in place. But, maybe the standard set by Twilight Princess on the Wii will last through time....... Oh well. Still, the point is it was very easy to use these controls.

Gameplay10/10: This is what I love about the 3D Zelda games. The gameplay is what you bought this game for. Sword, bow, arrows, hookshot, bombs, and everything else give you very interesting hours of Gameplay. Like I said, this is the best part of 3D Zelda games, and is the main reason the series has the popularity it has today. I'm glad they kept it with this game, or I would give this game a 1/10!......... Okay, maybe not, but still, that is my favorite part. The only thing I see different in this game is the lack of sidequests and freedom. That is what knocked it down one point, in my view.

Overview 9/10: This game, like any game ever made, has it's flaws, but in the end, it turns out great. The only reason it gets a 9/10 is because I don't think you have enough side quests to do if you are stuck. The only sidequest that I can think of are Heart pieces, which was increased to 5 per container to add more, the golden bugs, the poes, cave of Ordeals, and...... that's it. It definitely would have been great if there were more sidequests and freedom. They tried to towards the end, adding some secret dungeons and such, but nothing that special. The whole game is pretty much one train ride. Question is, will you be on it?

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/28/07