Review by MidgardDragon99

"One of the best Adventure Games of all time. Overrated? Not even close."

Zelda: Twilight Princess is, in a word, perfect. Do yourself a favor and put all these reviews that call it "overrated" out of your head. Just play it and enjoy it. There's so much to do, such beautiful landscapes and graphics, and such a great story and characters that you'll enjoy every minute of it.

Graphics - 9/10 - There is occasionally some blockiness, but let's face it, this is the Gamecube, it's not known for having the most beautiful graphics in existence. All PS3 and 360 fanboys who think next-gen pixels are the only thing worth looking at should stay away. Anyone with an open mind who enjoys beautiful graphics, even if they're not perfect, should enjoy this.

Story - 10/10 - An intriguing story. An interesting story. An entertaining story. An epic story. All of these describe the story of Twilight Princess perfectly. The characters are great. Some of them hilarious, some of them are serious, all of them are awesome.

Gameplay - 11/10 - Zelda at its finest. There are 50 hours or more of gameplay in this game, and the gamer who wishes to have explored every nook and cranny will find themselves in the 70 hour range. The mechanics are excellent, the puzzles are fun, as is the combat. The bosses aren't always challenging but who cares? They're still fun and require a bit of brain power to defeat, rather than just hitting them over and over with your sword like in many other games. The dungeons are amazing. They're vast, require thinking to progress, and all end in beautiful and menacing bosses.

Music/Sound - 10/10 - The music in this is simply beautiful. Every second of it is brilliant. The creature sounds, ambient sounds, everything is just amazing.

Overall - 10/10 - What more can I say? It's one of those rare perfect games. Why do people rate it so high? Because it's that good. There's no reason for me to take points off just because it receives lots of praise, and those that do take points off for it being "overrated" are doing themselves and the game a disservice. Does it top Ocarina of Time? In my mind, yes it does. Fans of Wind Waker have argued that this game should have been more like that game, and that this is just a remake of OoT. My response is: why mess with a good thing? Not everyone was a fan of Wind Waker and wanted to see a return to the "good thing" that was Ocarina of Time. In this game we got it.

Buy or Rent - Buy it, play it, love it. Replay it, love it some more. While you're at it pick up Okami, this game's spiritual brother.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/02/08

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (US, 12/11/06)