Review by meat1337

"If you don't like this, you don't like video games."

I've played every Zelda since the beginning. I mean EVERY one, and that includes the god-awful CD-I versions, because I'm such a huge fan. I can say, without a doubt that Twilight Princess is the best one, even better than Ocarina of Time.

Graphics - 9/10
This is the only section of Twilight Princess that's not perfect. The graphics on the gamecube aren't that good, period. Twilight Princess is one of the best looking on the system, but that's not a very high bar, so I have to give it a 9/10, however when calculating the final score, I didn't linger on it too much, since the hardware isn't really the game's fault.

Sound - 10/10
Zelda has the best soundtrack ever, and if you deny that, you're an idiot. This game took the awesome Hyrule Field theme from OoT and made it even better. The only gripe I have with the sound is that the overworld theme from the original Legend of Zelda STILL isn't present. but that's not enough to lower it a point.

Story - 10/10
It's got Zelda, it's on Hyrule, it's got a Link, and he's got to rescue the world from Twilight. 'Nuff said, it's been done before, but it's much more of an adult feel, which I love.

Gameplay - 11/10
As great as all other fields of TP is, gameplay is always the most important, and it's definitely the game's strong point. The game has a similar fighting system to OoT, except for the hidden skills, but the combat is so much more adult, and has a real, gritty feeling to it. Obviously, this isn't Gears of War level of realism, but for Hyrule, this is a very high realistic feel. The temples have a very good feel, and even though there's many repeating elements from previous Zeldas (fire temple, water temple, which is still extremely hard, etc.) the temples are still very well designed. There's really nothing more to say, it's just amazing.

All in all, I was expecting a crappy re-hash of previous Zelda games, considering that this was the last Zelda (and one of the last games, period) for the GameCube, however, it was the best Zelda, possibly the best game I've ever played. There's no reason not to play this game, if you're a fan of adventure, puzzle, or video games at all, hell even fun in general, buy this game.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/02/08

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (US, 12/11/06)