Review by Trex

"Finally the next Budokai!"

Introduction-This game is Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2 for the Nintendo Gamecube. This game is also out for the Playstation 2. If you have both systems and cannot decide which version to buy, I would buy the Gamecube version because it has slightly better graphics. However if you have the PS2 version, then you really do not need the Gamecube version because there is little difference instead of the graphics.

Graphics-They look fantastic! The cell-shaded graphics were excellently for this game. All the Z fighters look exactly how they look like in the show. The stages look great. I give the graphics a ten out of ten because the game looks like the show which is great.

Control- The control is extremely easy to learn. That is great for a fighting game like this so that I give the controls a ten out of ten.

Sound/Music-The sound is great. The Z fighters announce their special attacks when they perform them as well as talk in various cut-scenes. Most of the characters sound exactly as they do on the show although there are just a few exceptions. The music serves its purpose. It sounds fine although it is nothing special. There is nothing else really to say about it. I give the sound a ten out of ten , and I give the music an eight out of ten.

Gameplay-The story mode is basically a board game. You have to travel across each board shaped like a board and battle enemies on the board. The enemies can move too though. I found the story mode a disappointment because the story is not exactly the way it should be , and I just found the lack of cutscenes due to the game board appearance of each level disappointing. However the fights in all the modes are just regular fights with your basic melee combat (punching, kicking, and grabbing), ki blasts, and special attacks (Kamehameha). The fights are all fun and exciting. There are other modes as
well such as World Tournament. Therefore I give the gameplay an eight out of ten because although I was disappointed in the game board story mode, the fights were as great as usual.

Overall- Regardless of the story mode this game is not to be missed by any Dragon Ball fan. The combat is fun and exciting and should be enjoyed by all. If you are not a Dragon Ball Z fan, then rent first. I give this game a 9 out of 10.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/04/07