Review by ARSoxFan

"Sam Fisher is back again in his simply AMAZING third installment."

Introduction:
I'd like to start off by saying that I am a huge fan of the Splinter Cell franchise, but after playing Pandora Tomorrow for the Cube, I was a little sketchy about trying the third one, but I did it anyways and I haven't regretted it one bit. Throughout the review I will try not to be biased.

Sound: 9.5/10
WOW. I never thought that music in a game could be as intense as the tunes in SC:CT. As always, when a guard notices you, the music quickens, and when he realizes that there's an intruder, the music turns to rock techno. The music changes throughout each level which is a good thing. Also, Ubisoft did a fantastic job with the sound-effects. Now for the voices. Like the Chaos Theory's two predecessors, Michael Ironside does the voice of Sam Fisher, and you may recognize some of the other voices as well. My only complaint is that the Spanish guards have astounding English. Not that that's a problem. Also, a new addition to the game is that you can interrogate ANYONE. All in all, the sound is excellent.

Now for mostly everyone's biggest worry about a game is the graphics. I must say that the graphics are pretty damn good for the Cube. After playing SP:CT, you'll know what the Cube can do. Also, the characters look excellent aside from the fact that their faces are all the same according to the level. Again, that shouldn't be a huge problem. Overall the graphics are awesome.

Not much to say here. It's the same gameplay as the last two Splinter Cell games. The only difference is that you are able to choose the amount of ammo you start with by either choosing: Redding's Recommendation, Stealth, Assault.
As you may know, stealth has the least amount of ammo, and assault has the most. Redding's recommendation is in between. I prefer living the game to it's fullest by choosing stealth, but the choice is yours.

Controls: 9/10
The controls for the Cube are a bit odd in a sense of how you do different things. My only complaint is that holding Z and pressing a D-Pad Arrow can get a little tedious after awhile, but you'll get used to it. Overall the controls are good.

New Enhancements: 10/10
There are many new things added to the game. For example, Sam has an OCP attached to his pistol. The OCP knocks out lights and other electronic devices for a short amount of time. Also, Sam has a knife which can be useful for killing guards rather than bopping them on the head. I'll let you figure out the rest. There is also Coop to the game where you can play with a buddy. I haven't tried it yet so I can't give an opinion.

Rent or Buy? Your choice. It's not mine. In my opinion, if you are new to Splinter Cell, rent it. If you are a fan like I am, buy it. I am positive you won't be sorry.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/18/05