"One of the best Mario sports games out there!"

Mario Baseball was the first release for a baseball game in the Mario sports series. Here is my review on Mario Baseball:

What did you expect? It is a sport game. The story sort of goes like this: Bowser has sent Mario and his friends a letter saying he will never beat them. Mario and his friends play against each other to see if they are worthy to play against Bowser. i give the story a 7.

I was amazed by the graphics on this game. The characters in this game look the best. Each character is detailed well. I am glad that Nintendo made Noki, Paragoomba, Pianta, etc. playable. The fields also look marvelous! Each field is designed well with obstacles on them. I give the graphics a 10.

The sound in this game is great also. Each characters voice sounds up to date. I love Daisy's and Yoshi's voice the best. The sound on the boards and when the ball gets pitched or hit are good too. One thing I don't like is the announcers voice. I give the sound a 9.

Controls: 8/10
The controls in this game are a little complicated. It takes a while to get use to them. The fielding controls are confusing when it comes to throwing the ball to a certain base. The hitting/ pitching controls ar nice. I don't like the running controls at all though. I always tend to press the wrong button and get stuck in the middle of the base line just to get out in the end.

I am going to talk about Challenge Mode for this category. First you choose the difficulty you want and the team you want to play as. When you start Challenge Mode, you already have selected nine players. You have to go to other characters stadiums and beat them. While playing them, you have to do certain missions to get Scout Flags, after you get all the Scout Flags and win the game, you will be able to play as that character. The more characters you unlock, the better your roster will be. You can also play mini-games in Challenge Mode to win coins to buy stuff from the Item Shop.

There is also mini-game mode where you an practice mini-games and there is Exhibition Mode where you can play a game against the computer or another human player. I give the gameplay a 9.

Buy, Rent, or Forget about it:
If you want a fun and insane baseball game? Then by this one!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/23/05