"Pretty nice game, but could have been better."

Ah Baseball and Mario, in the same game?? What could go wrong here?? NOTHING. This game is just plain fun.

The Graphics are really good, Nintendo did a good job here. Just like Sunshine, Mario Kart and Tennis, the players look like Nintendo made characters, really good job here. One of the best parts of the game.

The sound is kinda...different. When the player makes contact with the bat it sounds odd but you can tell what it is. When you hit a ground ball and throw it to first base to try and get an out, you can hear the ball being caught inside the glove. The music isn't that great though but its doesn't need to be. Its a baseball game!!

Gameplay:8/10
Gameplay is very nice. The controls are hard to get use to the controls at first and I guarantee it will frustrate you a little bit, but its just all part of learning on how to play the game, You will pick it up eventually and once you do, you will be very good at it! You can play a normal baseball game up to 9 innings. Have friends to play with and it will be a lot more fun.

In challenge mode, you have to face team leaders Yoshi, Mario, Peach, Donkey Kong and Wario. If you choose Mario's team then of course you won't have to play yourself, you will just play the other teams. Once you beat all the teams get the some of the opposing teams players on your team, you will then get to face Bowser. Make sure you use your best players because he can be a little bit tricky.

Replayability: 7/10
Once you have done challenge mode enough to get tired of it, there are still things you can do for one. Play against friends in a one on one game, and once you unlock players you can use them in the games.

Fun factor: 7/10
If you aren't really into baseball, most likely you will get tired of this game very quick and you shouldn't have even bought it...but this game can get a little "boring" at times especially after doing the same things over and over again. But as long as your a real baseball fan who loves playing Mario games this game won't get to tired. Like I said before, make sure you have some friends who can play this game!! It will be a lot more fun.

Other Things
Before even renting this game or buying it, make sure you know what you are getting. This game is not for people who want a real baseball game with franchise or anything, this game is for fun and to have fun with friends. Its not meant to be a serious game with franchises and keep up with HomeRuns and things like that. Also, don't get frustrated and return the game right away, you need time to get good at the game. Try practice mode and work on what you need help with.

Rent Or Buy:
Rent first. I bought this game without renting it, I don't exactly regret it but I do wish I would have rented it first to get more of a feeling for the game. This way if you are just plain bad at the game you can return it and not worry about it again. Other wise if you like it, go up to EBgames or Gamestop or wherever you get your games and buy it. It is a great game to play with loads of fun!

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 12/19/05