Review by PKMNRULES

"BUY IT!!!...if you’re new to DDR..."

...but leave it there on the shelf if you're the average DDR expert. The sequences are just too easy. There's no doubt about it, the word “creativity” was all over Nintendo's head, but “difficulty” was pretty darn scarce.

I don't quite get why DDR is so...awesome. Maybe perhaps because it's something unique? Something no other game offers? Something that can get you exercise even though you're playing a game? OK, scratch that last one.

The game is simple. Arrows travel from the bottom of the screen to the top. Hollowed out, stationary arrows rest at the top, and when the moving ones meet the stationary ones, you are to step in the direction the arrow is pointing. If it's pointing left, you hit the left panel on the dance pad.

Also, each song has it's own “Mush Mode” If it's on, you'll see special arrows. These special arrows aren't arrows, per se, but more of characters. There are Goombas that count as regular arrows, Koopas that you have to step on twice, and Spiny shell that you DON'T want to step on, as well as others. This is what I meant when I said the word “creativity” was all over.

Though the game lacks a nice, big pile of songs, it has a nice, small pile of kick butt remixes. The first song you unlock is a classic remix of a classic, the original Mario theme song. They also remixed my favorite Mario song, the Dr. Mario theme. And who can forget that catchy Wario World music? They remixed that, too.

Value: 5/10

This is the category that recent Nintendo games seem to be lacking. Like it said, it lacks a nice, big pile of songs.

Unfortunately, this game only has the DDR label on its name because of the fact that you step on the arrows when the game tells you to. It lacks everything that any other DDR game has. Edit mode? Gone. Double play? Gone. Arrow options, for example turn, speed, etc.? Gone. Combo challenge, survival, and endless? Gone. Freeze arrows? Gone. Course? That's gone too! It's these sort of things that make DDR games worth playing over and over and over and over and over........

Difficulty: 6/10

The hardest song in here is Bowser's Castle, which is still pretty easy even on the hardest level. Well, at least for me, your average expert able to A nearly any 8 footer thrown his way.

If you are new to DDR, and still haven't quite mastered Light on the arcade machine yet, then this game was made for you. Otherwise, it would be a good idea to save that money for a Cobalt Flux, DDR Extreme 2, and a truckload of water. (For when you get tired after AAAing the Ultimate 12 course in DDR Extreme 2)

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 08/06/07