Review by DannysGetNDown

"The Animanics are back!"

You all remember that old Warner Brothers cartoon Animaniacs. Well they're back in this wacky game. This game is pretty funny at times. The original voice actors for the television series play the voices in the game too! You'll see some memorable characters such as; Yakko, Wakko, Dot, Pinky, Brain, Professor Scratchensniff and Chicken Boo. But I'm afraid that's it, some characters are left out such as; Buttons and Mindy. Who knows maybe there is a sequel already in the works and may include these missing characters.
This game is fairly easy, you pretty much go into each world and collect everything you can pick up by; breaking pots, fire hydrants, playing mini-games to learn new moves and acquire the precious Edgars you're searching for. Because each have their own special technique that is needed to search through every level thoroughly, you get to take control of Yakko, Wakko, and Dot, and switch between them. This game does have a lot of glitches. You may be walking too close to a wall and then all of the sudden get stuck in it and have to save and quit. Or the game will freeze after you enter a new room, or open a door. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen more often than it should, and more often then it does in other games.

Nothing spectacular looking is in this game but it's done pretty well. Pretty standard I'd say. The worlds are fairly big and fun to explore whether you explore, a volcano, mountains, under water, tops of trees, or clouds.

Music/Sound: 7/10
If you remember any tunes from the series you will remember them as some appear in this game, such as the theme song. Or if you don't remember any, the game may refresh your memory.

The controls are very easy and you can learn in about 5-10 minutes of being in the first level, I mean there is almost only Jump and Attack. Because you don't use your other items and techniques too often, except to obtain collectibles, where the technique is needed. You could use techniques to kill foes, but almost all foes take one hit to kill, except bosses. The camera control is 3rd person, somewhat hard to control and just sucks in a few areas.

Replay Value: Low
Though the game was fun when I started, it got boring nearing the end of the game. The glitches made me not want to play, but I was determined to finish the game, one glitch happened to me to where I could not get 100% because the last 3 things I needed were nowhere to be found. So, getting boring as I got closer to finishing it, and the glitches made me not want to play it again, at least for now, maybe in a couple years I may want to again, but unlikely.

Extras: 0/10
There aren't any extras for this game which saddened me I was hoping to unlock something like; clips from the television show or some type of movies to watch, but no, nothing.

The game is fairly decent, fun the first time through, worth a play through one time, and maybe you'll like it more than some people.

Pros:
Classic Animaniacs music and characters for fans of the show.
Easy to learn control scheme.

Cons:
Too many glitches.
Too short.