Review by BluePenMan

"The biggest letdown in the history of video games"

Before we start, let me set you straight. I have been one of the biggest THPS fans since the first game came out, and every game they made, was better than the last. Until now. This is probable one of the biggest letdowns in video game history, hell, probably in the history of the world.

Allright, the very first thing I noticed about this game was how much harder it was to control than the previous ones. They added so many moves that it's easy to forget how to do some, and it's hard to pull others off. Running around is incredibly hard, because when you jump, you either over jump something, or you can't grab onto a ledge to pull yourself up. So, if you're trying to reach an area because it's easier to jump up there, than it is to skate there, you're wrong.

The graphics during the actual game are pretty good. But during cutscenes, you just want to tear your hair out because they look so.... bleh.

Sound/Music: 8/10
About half the songs they put in this game are bearable to listen to, the other half... well.... You might want to go through your songlist and take off any song that you hate. That'll take some time.

Well, lets just say this.... while it's not phenominal, it is still over 100 times better than THUG 2's is.

Replayability: 2/10
For the first time in history, there is actually a THPS game I DON'T want to play again.

Overall score: 3/10
This is deffinately the last Tony Hawk game I'm ever going to buy. I was so excited aobut the free flowing, one huge level, and then it's not what's to be expected. You have to skate through tunnels that connect the different, rather small, areas of the game. While I don't suggest buying it. You might want to rent it. It's good for one playthrough, but, unless you're a diehard, hardcore TH fan, you might not enjoy it too much.

Reviewer's Score: 3/10 | Originally Posted: 11/29/05