Review by monkeydance994

"Why is this game fun? Who knows? And better yet, who cares!"

I am still dumbfounded at this game. It confuses me greatly. Why is it THIS fun! WHY!!!!! It is really a good game, and still I don't know why. All instincts shout at me that this game would not be very good, but I played it any way. And I was pretty surprised at the amount of fun this game has packed into it.

Okay, as I am sure you found out by reading the title of the game that it is LEGOs. It is also Star Wars. You play through the first three movies of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. And you play as the key characters of each movie, like Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, etc. As you play, you fight all your enemies such as droids, Darth Maul, and the like.

You also have a shop in the main area. You can buy things like characters, hints (which are a TOTAL waste of money) cheats, and the like. You buy things with lego studs, which are (obviously) the money of this game. You get the studs by blowing stuff up, using the force on things, and completing obstacles.

There are also things called "Minikits" hidden throughout each level. These are things that look like a stop light, kinda sorta halfway. There are ten hidden in each level. What are these for, you may ask? If you collect all ten, pieces of legos will pop out at the end and form things like ships and droidekas after every level. Now this is just for fun, that part. And you also get 50,000 STUDS for every minikit found. 50,000! That is a lot, kiddywinks.

And there is also something called a "Superkit" in each level. To get a superkit, you have to collect a certain amount of studs in each level. Sadly, the minikit money doesn't count for this. =( In some levels, the superkit is EASY to get. In others, however, they can be very hard. There are levels that are potentially dangerous. When you die, you lose studs. If you collect the superkit from every level (seventeen) you unlock the "?" door, which has some extras like more characters and lots of studs.

The graphics are very nice. Honestly, they are some of the best I have seen in gaming. My guess is that Lego's aren't very hard to make though. The gameplay is very smooth due to great controls and easy difficulty.

Over all, I will give this a 9 because it isn't hard enough. You can't lose, it is impossible. But the game will keep you going trying to get the superkits and minikits. Good game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/19/07