Review by led_zeppelin_19

"Amazingly Fun"

This game is terrific. It's the most fun I've had with a video game in months, and I recommend it to anyone. Most people think that it's only for younger children because of the LEGO label, but it's NOT!

This game was originally written for the PS2, and when they released it for the gamecube, they didn't do much to change the graphics. The graphics are great, but leave a little to be desired.

AWESOME SOUND! The hum of the lightsabers, the blasters, Darth Vader's breathing, John William's music...it's all here! The sound is amazing.

You know the story...the game follows the first three episodes of the Star Wars films (and one short mission from the fourth). However, there is no voices in the cut-scenes and they are very short (if you don't know the movies you won't understand the game). Why a high rating? They are funny! My friend and I got many laughs out of the cut-scenes.

I have to say, this game excels in almost everything. Multi-player is a blast. You can play any mission co-op with a friend. They have a neat system called Drop In/Drop Out where anyone can join at any time. This game is worth it for multi-player alone. Then there is the characters...you get over 30 of them! Most Star Wars games only give you around 5-10. You get Darth Vader (finish the "?" story), Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, even a Gonk Droid! The controls are easy to use and feel natural. B is attack/block, A is jump, Y is change person, and X is special ability/force. Simple.

Fun: 10+/10
To few games get a high rating here. What is there to say? This game rocks.

Re-playability: High
You'll defiantly re-play the missions many times.

Rent or Buy?
This is a tough call. You can beat the game with a rental, but to unlock everything in the game, you'll probably have to buy it. Also, multi-player is awesome so you'll defiantly want it around for when you have your friends over. Also, this game is cheap. I got it for $30 at Best Buy, but you can probably get it for $25. I say: BUY

OVERALL: 10/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/12/05

Would you recommend this Review? Yes No
Commenting is anonymous and not required to vote.