Review by cheesyluigi

"Wow, this game was worth the money!"

Sonic Riders. Hopefully, that's not what the R in Sonic R stood for, because this game is way better. I totally recommend this game.

That 8 might seem crazy, but hey, the only fault I found in this game is the fact that it is hard to get that start-off. I either get zapped and fall behind, or cross the line way too late and fall behind. But, the actual race. I wish I could feel the wind blow against my face after playing that. Amazing. The sheer speed, and the hustle and bustle in each race. Combine them, and you get these tracks. Now, on to the graphics.

Are you thinking that I am using the LEVEL graphics? No. Those get an 8. They get an 8 because they don't include the velvet texturing on everything, they just make the characters and board shine. I'm talking the CUTSCENES, with the insane detail, and intense animation, and awesome...No, I'm saving "awesome" for later. Intense animation. The blurriness, which occurs going really fast (in cutscenes and stages) is amazing. It was turbulence. That's it. Gotta love the turbulence.

You know, the sound isn't all really that great. That announcer's voice is a bit cheesy, and babyish. It gets annoying after a while, but oh well. The rest of the game makes up for the sound. It isn't THAT bad, anyway.

Replayability: 10/10
I am addicted to this game. I already have unlocked everything, but you just HAVE to go back and beat your time records or something. What did I save for here?...Oh yeah...Awesome. Awesome Addiction. You get hooked onto this game surprisingly easily. I have never gotten more addicted to any game than this one (and Luigi's Mansion). You go back and play...and play...and play...You can never quit the hypnotic Sonic Riders. I woke up at 3:23 in the morning once, dying to play it.

Sonic Riders is actually good. Go buy it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/28/06