Review by light_of_shadow

"I Hear the Magical Melody of a Great Game!"

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody is the best Harvest Moon game released as of March 28th. While I did not get the game until April 15th, I immediately became addicted. The controls are a bit confusing at first, but, after only five minutes, you can easily master them.

Graphics: 10
Many people have compared this games graphics with that of Animal Crossing. While the graphics are similar, Harvest Moon creates a more natural feel and has reverted back to "the good ole days". The graphics of Magical Melody is simalar to that of Harvest Moon 64, which was a classic style of animation.

Sound: 9
The sound is very realistic. You can hear the roar of the ocean, the flow of a river, the cluck of a chicken. You don't even have to be right next to them. The game almost makes you seem like your accualy at a small village. The only complaint I have with the sound is that at some points it can be quite loud and annoying.

Control: 9
As I said before, the controls are a little confusing at first. However, after only a few minutes, they become second nature. The controls are all within reach so you don't have to worry about scrambabling around your controller. Once you learn the controls, it's like learning to ride a bike. You'll never forget.

Story: 10
Most Harvest Moon games have the same plot. You inherit a farm from your grandpa or some other relative and then you begin to work on it. I can happily tell you, that is not the case with Magical Melody. In Magical Melody, you are a young man who has come to Flowerbud Village on the Exciting Ranch Plan. You choose where you want to live. You have a choice between three places. Then you find out about the troubles with the Harvest Goddess. The story will keep you busy for quite some time.

Gameplay: 10
The bread and butter of any and every game. What would a game be without gameplay? Nothing! Harvest Moon: Magical Melody has very nice gameplay. You have millions of choices to make. You can choose how to make money, how to go about wooeing your soon-to-be spouce. There are many, many more options and the game has millions of outcomes.

Play Time: 10
This game will keep you busy for quite some time. You have to figure out how to collect the 100 notes and free the Harvest Goddess, raise money, woo a wife, raise animals, and much more. I'm still playing!

Replayability: 10
This game is replayable no matter how much you play it! Infact, except fro one slight exception, theis game never ends! You can keep on running your farm after you free the Harvest Goddess.

My Reccomendation: BUY!!!
You'll never get anywhere if you rent this game, and, even if you do, you'll rent it over 30 times. That is almost $150. Your much better off buying this game and owning it forever.

Overall: 10
This game is a very good deal. At the time of writing, this game only costed $40. It's worth the money. Buy it now!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/18/06