Review by Kadski

"What an awesome game!!!"

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody

I've played Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, and Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (Special Edition) I got bored of both very fast and ended up selling them. When Harvest Moon: Magical Melody came out I wasn't to excited but I moseyed on over to Game Crazy to buy the game. I came home and put it into my Game Cube and started up the game next thing I new it was 3:00 AM and I had been playing for 7 hours. It was so much fun and it kept going on day after day and I lost so much sleep to the game. I actually just bought another copy of Harvest Moon: DS because I love the series so much. I really enjoy how much time you have to put into the game to even say you have scratched the surface. People have given this game 5 and 4 for it being to short but there is always something else to do like buying more animals or growing more crops or even becoming friends with that one guy you never talk to.

Graphics 8/10
The graphics are nothing to brag about but they are above the Game Cube standards. It can be somewhat bad at times but it is nice overall. The best part about the graphics are during the cut-scenes and they are very sharp at some times and blurry at others.

Glitches 8/10
The game can get lagy when all of the animals are outside of “Blue Sky Ranch” but it gets better once you are away from that small area of lag. Also the glitch “Devil's Harvest” as I call it is when you fall into a black void and you cannot move anywhere, it is like the devil has captured you; Fortunately to remove the glitch all you have to do is open the “Start” menu and hit ‘Z' and you will return home and go to sleep.

Game-Play 10/10
This game is amazingly fun. Repetitive tasks like watering plants or feeding animals is very fun. Even just going to a store is a great experience, because everyone has a smiling face just ready to greet you. You also fell very pleased when you achieve a new note. Even something like fishing can be very addicting because you always want to catch one more.

Challenge 7/10
The only place this game falls short is the challenge/length. You can play forever which I like but some people find to be a curse. You can beat the game by the end of fall year 2, which takes only 48 hours of game-play. Although if you want to get everything it can take up to 5 years. After the first few seasons (Or first week for me) most players will be steady in their budget and find the game to be very easy from that point on. I have seen many players stop their game at the end of year 2 because it got boring but those people weren't playing fair and they used cheats which really can ruin a great game like Harvest Moon: Magical Melody. I enjoyed this game so much and I am actually playing it as I write this (LOL!!!). It is also really fun if you enjoy mining in the game. But it can take 9-10 years to finish the game if you want to get everyone to lvl 10 friendship. This game just never ends and that is why I love it so much. IT JUST NEVER ENDS!!!

Overall 10/10 (For Harvest Moon Fans)
Overall 9/10 (For Everyone Else)

By: Darr K.