Review by HMmaster102

"Time to dance in the streets!! HM is back and its awesome! Happiness abound"

Ok, lets face it. Harvest Moon was just way too easy, simple and repetitive. It did the same things over and over. But ALAS! Finally some variety! Its time to be merry HM fans, because we now have Magical Melody. And, it's a darn good thing. I hope you all realize, that without this, wed still be playing wonderful life, trying desperately to get a cut scene with Mukumuku.

Graphics- 7/10 I give it a 7 because I love the old, cutesy style. But, hey that's just my cup of tea. You might not like it. It really takes you back to the original HM games. And all the people, even the ones with stern serious personalities, have a cute round head that's three times as big as there body. I mean C'MON!! Who doesn't love little baby faces?

Sound- 5/10 I'm sorry, but the sounds ok, not that great. I mean there's some weird noises that can really get on your nerves. Some just sound like a monkey being beaten with a dead baboon. But, others are kinda funny, and they certainly keep the game interesting.

Music- 8/10 I really think the music had some good merits. Not as good as AWL (which is one of the few things that's good about AWL), but very cute and interesting. I mean, there's not as much variety, but their very catchy. I always find myself humming them while I do the dishes, so hey! Nice job Natsume!

Gameplay- 10/10 So much more interesting. So much to do. In AWL I was always just getting up, doing my chores and going straight back to bed. But in this game you have to live life to the fullest. And best of all, it makes you WANT to see it all. I mean hey, you can be a guy or a girl. You can get married to like 21 different people. Neat, huh? Plus, you can choose your own land!!!!!!!!! YAHOO!!! Would you like a house right next to the beautiful beach, with lots of land, or a cozy home in town? Or perhaps a riverside mansion? Take your pick!

Story- 8/10 Excellent idea. I mean, its hard to get a really good idea for a game anyway, but at least none of your relatives have to die for you to start a farm life. I think the gathering notes, by simply doing what you were going to do anyway is a great idea. I admit, it's a little annoying to have to worry about getting all 100, but they come fast.

Definitely buy the game. Save yourself from having to play AWL for the rest of your life. At first I thought it was just going to be corny…. But I mean it turned out great.

Final Score: 8/10 it's a fantastic game. Its even better than some of the old ones. There's SO much to do. So, enjoy!

Thanks for taking time out of your lives (that could've been spent doing something productive :P) and reading my review. It feels good to voice an opinion about such an awesome game. Trust me, HM magical melody wont waste your time.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 11/23/09

Game Release: Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (US, 03/28/06)