Review by Grand_Gamer_n1

"This game isn't bad!"

Like many people say, most movie games aren't that good. I really don't have any problems with movie games, as long as it is different from the movie. What I mean is, I don't like playing games that make you re-experience the movie by playing it, and somehow butchering it, like what they did with the Van Helsing video game. This game is different though. It's not a game where you replay the movie, rather, it's an addition to the movie, a whole new story.

This game basically starts off where the end of the movie begins, and if you haven't seen the movie, they keep it a little different so it won't spoil the ending too bad. This game makes you go through missions, depending on going through a yard or going to a carnival, you will always have a primary and secondary mission. Primary missions involve things that you have to do in order to progress through the game, and secondary missions are optional, doing things that you do if you want to or not.

One good thing about this game is that it doesn't act as you would think. You actually use objects, like a golf club or a wrench, to fight creatures, destroy objects, ect. There are a few bosses that you can fight, but there aren't many. As you go through stages, you can collect DVD's for unlockables, like movies, art, and other things.

Unfortunately, there are some bad sides. It's kind of short, and it can get dull easily. You will go to a stage and fight mind-controlled rats, just to go to the next section and fight some more. And though hardly any place is recycled (Going to one house then going to that same place again a short time later), you basically do the same thing. One mission involves you protecting your wagon full of food. You have to do that about maybe 4 times in the game.

I would tell everyone to at least try the game, because it is fun. Though for anyone who hasn't seen the movie and plans to play the game, I suggest you watch the movie first so you can understand a few things that are going on (The movie is good, so go watch that too if it's not too late). I'd say that this game is for anyone to play; not too hard yet entertaining. And if you don't want to get it, at least rent it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 06/06/06