Review by Saints312

"With some new features, Madden 07 is back!"

Madden is back, with a new installment. Madden 07 has everything Madden 06 has, and more! I owned madden 06 but I still bought this one, and I don't regret my decision.

Not much to say here, it's pretty much the same deal as last year. The graphics are nice, but they could be better. The new animations are a nice addition, including 40 new ones for the Highlight Stick. There is a problem with some of the tackling animations, but it is nothing serious. Overall, pretty good graphics for the Gamecube.

Some complaints here, but it's generally good. During my first game I got sacked 8 times, while playing on Pro, with the sliders on full. Although it might just be because I am rusty. The Truck stick was replaced with the highlight stick, so you won't see Clinton Portis letting his shoulder down. Instead he will duck or juke around the player, it all depends on the player's attributes. Another new addition is the Roles. Certain players will be given roles, such as Offensive Playmaker, or Feature Quarterback. This will give them attribute bonuses to them and sometimes even their teammates. I thought this was a great idea and I look forward to seeing it develop. The Vision cone is back, and I love it. It's optional now, only if you move the C stick will it come up.

Superstar Mode:

Superstar mode has changed a lot since last year. First of all, you don't get to pick your plays anymore, the coaches do that. I thought that was a great idea, because it is more realistic.

Overall, good gameplay. I love the Highlight stick, I saw Reggie Bush duck under a guy.

Sound: 7.8/10

I'm not really liking the soundtrack, but the sounds are good.

Overall, I would say buy this game. I own 06 as well but I feel this was a good buy. With new features and a better Superstar mode, I'm excited to play this game more!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/28/06