Review by MoeBear

"Cute Horror Game"

INTRO
This is what you call a cute horror game to play with. I know this is based on some type of movie or TV show, but I never saw it, so can't relate to it. Even thou this is a scary game to play it is aimed for younger game players. It has cartoon-ish style horror and violence. I still think it is fun for all ages.

GAME PLAY
This game is about three children, two boys and a little girl, who get trapped in a house. You guessed it, it is haunted and everything comes to live and tries to hurt them, from the chairs to the ceiling lamps. You get to play with all three characters in different parts of the house. I don't know why they call it monster house, cause I saw no monsters in the house maybe overall the house itself is a monster? Anyway you get to take turns exploring the house with the three different characters. Your main weapon is a water gun, don't kid yourself these guns are very powerful in this game.

You have a few problem solving to do in order to advance to some next levels, overall not too complicated. You need to avoid a few pitfalls, so you don't have to restart the level over again. In other words, you need to be on your toes in this game, cause anything can happen at anytime. That was one good thing about this game that I liked. The controls overall were easy to figure out and use, very simple.

APPEARANCE
This part of the game is very good, or great you can say. The cartoon-ish like graphics and character details are very well done. Can't complain about this part of the game. The background scenes inside the haunted house are really good and scary looking. The sound effects are excellent, and so are the music and the voices.

OVERALL
The only bad part about this game is it is kind of short, I think it will give you a solid 10 hours playing time, after that will most likely doubt you will come back for more. So in other words it's one and your done deal here. But the value you will be paying for this game is worth it. I got it for 10 bucks used, and enjoyed it very much. Hey you can't beat that deal. I have spend more money on games that I ended up not liking at all.

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 12/19/07

Game Release: Monster House (US, 07/18/06)