Review by wolverinefan

"Gah! I can't see!"

Story
Nathan is going to become a vampire hunter but when his teacher, Hugh (teachers son) and him find out Dracula has been awakened they head out to stop him. Hugh and Nathan get sperated from the teacher and they split up to find him and to stop Dracula. Yeah it isn't a very good story ad it really isn't focused on in the game. I give story a 3/10

Control
Control is simple for the most part but I hate how you use your special weapons cause you have to punch up and A (or is it B?) either way it makes it hard to use sometimes. The shoulder buttons are kinda hard to use in the middle of a battle but you get use to it after a while. I give control a 8/10

Voice Acting, Sound Effects and Music
There isn't any voice acting. The sound effects are pretty generic and could have been so much better. The music is really good and fits the game very well. I give voice acting, sound effects and music a 8/10

Game play
Run around killing monsters with your whip. You can level up in the game which is cool but takes a little too long. You get new items that give you more moves. The level layout is pretty bad. You spend a lot of time getting to one path and find out you can't go there and then you have to go all the way back and look in one of the many other paths. It doesn't help that monsters re-spawn. The biggest problem with game play doesn't really have anything to do with game play. The game is way too dark, some people say it's the GBA but really it's both. You need A LOT of light, I had to have three lamps up on the highest setting to be able to even seen my character, now that isn't a good thing cause not everyone plays their GBA at home. You can also get cards and combine them with other cards to make you stronger or give you magic. I'm not really sure cause I didn't mess around with it too much. I give game play a 6/10

Replay Value
The game is pretty short, about 6 hours long. The good thing is there is different modes to play in, the bad thing is you have to beat each mode you get to get the next mode. Nothing really changes in these modes except that your stats change or you have all of a certain item. I give replay value a 4/10

Final Score
I give Castlevania: Circle Of The Moon a 7/10

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 10/10/07

Game Release: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (US, 06/10/01)