Review by JD 13

"By far the best launch game for the GBA. A must have!!!!!"

Graphics. Wow the graphics to this game are amazing. The background is very detailed as well as all of the bosses having there own unique look. Also the background changes as you go from room to room. When looking at the graphics this game never gets dull. The only complaint I have is that the game is just too dark. When ever I am playing it I often find my self adjusting so that I can get enough light. Other than that however the graphics are unbelievable.
score: 9

Sound: The sound to this game is great. There are so many songs and none of them are annoying at all. As you enter different rooms the song will change. This sets the atmosphere for the room and makes the game a lot more realistic. Another plus is hearing your character walking around and hearing his whip crack whenever you are trying to kill an enemy. The sound is great because they have the music loud but not so loud that you can't hear your character walking around.
score: 10

Story: The basic story to this is that a girl named Camilla let the Dracula out to make the world an evil place. You (Nathan Graves) as well as your Dracula fighting master and is son (Hugh) are out to stop Dracula from reemerging. You arrive late however and the Dracula is already out. Your master is captured and you and Hugh are thrown out and now have to return to save the master and stop Dracula from making the world an evil place. Hugh however wants to do this by himself so he runs off leaving you to save everyone. This story never gets dull as walk through the castle which is why this game is so good.
score: 10

Gameplay: The gameplay here is very easy to use. The top right and left buttons are used as DSS and your special weapons. A and B are used as jump and whip. Select brings up your map and start takes you where you can switch around your DSS combos and allows you to use items that you gather along your quest. C:COTM is very good at using all of the buttons and making them easy to follow. The only complaint I have about the gameplay is the save game option. You have to find a room before you can save. I think it would have been better allowing you to save from any point in the game this however doesn't detract from the game. Something that does detract from the game though is you traveling around. You have to go to point B but point A is all the way on the other side of the castle. It might have been a little better if they would have put the areas that you need to go through a little closer.
score:8

Replay: After beating the game there are 4 more modes you can use to beat the game again. I thought this would be fun but it's just like starting all over with higher stats. This can make the game a little boring to play again. It's fun to play through it once but once you start playing through it over and over again then it starts to become repetitive.
score:8

Buy or rent: This is a must buy!!!

Overall: This is a great game for anyone to have if they are looking for a new game to buy for there GBA. Looking at how good this game I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a sequel. Let's cross our fingers and hope they do.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/16/01, Updated 07/16/01