Review by NESMaster

"A classic can never get boring!"

Yes, Super Mario Bros. 2 was taken from the Famicom Disk System game Doki Doki Panic, Because the Real SMB 2 was going to be too hard for us! (wrong) But, it is still a great game, and is classic game. You don't only get SMB2, but you get the old arcade classic Mario Bros. The first game to feature Luigi. As I get closer to my review, let me close my intro by saying, don't put down a game just because it is the same as an older one. Look at Super Mario Bros. Deluxe! Super Mario Bros. has been brought back many times, but people still enjoy it!

On to the review!

Graphics 10/10:It looks like a Super Nintendo! So does many other games on it! Who can hate the good old Super Nintendo, which I still own! I am sure that everyone still owns one. The graphics look great on Mario Bros. too! I still own the Mario Bros. on the NES, and I will play it still. Mario Bros. is an arcade Classic!

Music/Sound 10/10:The music and sound is just like the Super Nintendo! But, they added some voices! That makes this game even better. The sound is not annoying either.

Game Play 10/10:The same as all the other games. But in Mario Bros., you have better control of Mario and Luigi. In the original, you would slide a lot, so you had more chance of running into an enemy. In Mario Advance, you have less chances.

features 10/10:A lot of new features were added. There were bigger vegetables, so you can hit more enemies. There was also the mistake corrected of hitting a certain amount of enemies to get a heart. In this game, you got a heart by hitting a big shy guy or doing combos. I almost forgot about the big shy guy. Not much about him!

In Mario Bros, you can trap your opponent in a trash can, and use many other items. You can even link four gameboy advances together with one game pak, and play 4 player in Mario Bros.

Over All 10/10:This is a must have game. You should really buy it! It is getting 2 games for the price of one. I can go on about this game. I can praise it all I want. But, there are people out there that will tell you not to buy it. They are people who do not know what a good game is!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/25/01, Updated 09/25/01