Question from BigTheBrat

Harken or Karel?

Which one would you reccommend?

Jaffar7 answered:

As much as I like Karel, Harken is the superior choice regardless of mode. He comes with a far superior weapon (the Brave sword), better class (the use of axes trumps an additional +15% critical hit rate), better support options, and much more solid stats. On Hector Hard Mode, there's simply no question that Harken wins due to his huge stat buffs, but even when playing other modes, Harken outclasses Karel in virtually every way.
2 0

Answers

ShaneJ answered:

I usually take Karel, as I like Sword Masters more.
0 3

Kirbypuffypower answered:

Harken, for the Brave Sword. -_-
0 1

IONCP answered:

Karel. He's a great character. ...and I also think he's badass. >_>
0 6

slash66 answered:

*Minor Spoilers I guess*

It really depends on the mode and who you've been training. If you have been using Guy than get Harken. If you've been using Raven get Karel. If both get Harken for the Brave Sword. If you are on Normal Mode it's really up to you. But if you are on Hector Hard Mode, get Harken because he gets stat bonuses.
2 1

TacticianX answered:

Harken has more solid stats. In HHM he gets HHM bonuses (not sure about Karel). Also, brave sword is better than wo dao (How often would you need 5 extra crit for high crit users anyway?)
1 0

ThunderCavalier answered:

Karel and Harken, as well as their weapons are equal among the difficulties except for Hector Hard Mode, where Harken immediately gains the stat benefits that make him significantly stronger than Karel.

So, it really depends on your preferences, but if you're doing HHM, then it is highly recommended you get Harken.
0 0

purecampbel answered:

I'd go with Harken-
Brave Sword
The map qives you alot of stuff in chests
He's cool
0 1

beastlyman answered:

If you're using Guy, I recommend using Harken. If you're using Raven, take Karel. If neither/both, get Harken for his brave sword. Plus he comes with supports in Hector hard mode.
0 0

Nicktendo____64 answered:

Harken is way better and you get a Brave Sword out of it. The only problem is that Raven and Karel are just so much better than Guy. So if you want one Swordmaster and one Hero get Karel, and Harken if you dont care if you have two heroes.
0 1

4lbatross answered:

Well it depends on what you want. Do you want an extremely fast character with a higher chance of getting a critical hit(who is also harder to get), or do you want someone who has nice decent stats who comes with a really good sword(who is easier to get). I prefer Harken over Karel personally.
0 0

FroggyOverlord answered:

Harken gets stat bonuses in HHM (Hector Hard Mode) so if you are doing that then definately take Harken. Otherwise I would still recomend Harken because his supports are slightly better in my opinion, he comes with a brave sword, and he is easier to get.
1 0

Distant_Rainbow answered:

For me, it mostly depends on which weapon you want to get, as I don't like using prepromotes(without Hard Mode bonuses).

If you're playing Eliwood mode, depends on whether you're using Raven or Guy. If you're using Raven, go with Karel. If you're using Guy, go with Harken. If both/neither, go for Harken because the Brave Sword is generally better than the Wo Dao. However, if you're playing Hector mode, no doubt Harken's your man, as you'll get another Wo Dao when you recruit Karla. Not to mention Harken's stat's overwhelm Karel's in Hector Hard Mode.

Personally, I mostly end up using only Raven, so I go for Karel. In Hector mode, however, I sometimes just forget about Swordmasters and go for another Hero(Harken).
0 0

Harken and Karel? Answered PBmeista
How do you pick between Harken and Karel? Answered SirRonny
Is there anyway to recruit Harken and Karel? Answered AnswerFreak
I cannot seem to be able to get harken,please help? Answered lucifer1515
Harken vs. Raven? Answered achimed