Review by C.Taylor

"Awesome Power of GBA"

THIS GAME RANKS WITH RPG GREATS, FINAL FANTASY, CHRONO TRIGGER, AND EVEN EARTHBOUND, THE BEST RPG KNOWN TO MAN!!

GRAPHICS: 10/10

OK, I must say that when I first turned this game on... I was completely blown away!! The graphics in this game are amazing!! I couldn't believe the outstanding battle sequences. The look and feel of this game are unbelievable. The way the graphics are put together are simply amazing. The special attacks are awesome!! The show put on during the battle sequences is breath taking. This game shows the true potential of GBA.

SOUND: 10/10

I'm really enjoying the music in this game. I must admit that it is not the best I've ever heard, but it still adds a lot to the game itself. The sounds in the battle sequences is put together really well. Each weapon and attack has individual sound. The monsters cry in pain when they die. The people even have their own ''voices,'' which can be toggled on/off. The sound is not great, but it helps the game a lot.

GAMEPLAY: 10/10

This, too, is astonishing. Very even flow of motion. Not confusing at all. You have your basic, next town-next weapon scenario, but it still is a good one. There is an addition of Djinn. These little guys give your character special skills, and make the game very customizable. The game is easy to follow also. It is very clear where it wants you to go next. The gameplay is easy, and very good.

STORY: 10/10

The story in this game is great!! Right from the very start, it pulls you right in. The twists and turns make a good mesh between games and real life. With it's soap opera story line, and mind bending twists, the story is a real grabber. The way it is all represented makes you feel like you are actually part of the story, and makes you feel the characters pains and joys. The story is written well enough that it makes the game a real ''page turner,'' if you call it anything, addictive.

REPLAY: NA/NA

I have not finished this game. I do not know if I will go through it again or not. From what I have read, there are side quests. Maybe there will be a Chrono Trigger element, with different endings. Also, it is a RPG. RPG aren't really designed for replay. It does have a battle arena, so you can play with your friends. This might give a good enough reason to keep turning it on. But, with the way this game has turned out so far, I'm sure I will keep playing for a long time.

BUY/RENT

BUY!!! This game is so worth buying!! I'm not sure if I've ever spent money better.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/18/01, Updated 11/18/01