Review by NeoNess

"Two Words: Pure Goodness"

It's been many a moon since the first screen shots of Golden Sun had been released, and I was growing in anticipation ever since my eyes on those glorious screens. When Golden Sun was finally released, it truly lived up to my expectations, plus many more.

:: Story (8/10)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Your name is Issac, and you find yourself living in the small quiet town of Vale. Inhabited by people who inherit the magical force ''Psynergy'', but have vowed never to release their magic to the outside world. Some mysterious things happen in the city, and before you know it, the 4 elements are released into the world, and it's up to you to stop them before people abuse that power. Many a foe block your path along the way, making it for a long and exciting adventure.

The story may be considered ''Cliché'' but many attributes added to Golden Sun pull away from that, making it an enjoyable experience.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
:: Music/Sound (10/10)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
When I first fired up Golden Sun, the music sounded like something coming out of a Playstation. I was startled to think such sweet music could come out of a GBA, and when I plugged in my headphone, it make the experience ten times better. The music is hands down great, and is the best thing I've heard since my SNES days.

:: Graphics (10/10)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The graphics of Golden Sun are compared to those of SNES/First Generation Playstation games. Every character and town are drawn to perfection, and is never hard on the eyes.

The battle system is what catches your eye most, as the developers knew what they were doing when they designed this. Every spell/summon has a fantastic graphic sequence, that will leave you in awe. Compared to some other RPG's I've played, this blows it right out of the water

:: Gameplay (10/10)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The gameplay is pretty much straightforward like other RPG's, but takes a bit of time to learn. It consists of collecting items/spells/Djinni to thwart the enemies, defeat the main boss, and save the princess! (Wait, wrong game)

The battle system for the game is outstanding, and requires more Tactical Skill, than an all out slaughter. Like said before, every spell is detailed to perfection, making you actually want to battle rather than fleeing whenever you hit one.

:: Good Points
+ 30+ average hours of gameplay
+ First ''Classic'' RPG of the Gameboy Advance
+ Wonderful graphics, sounds, battle system

=-=-=-=-=-=-=
:: Bad Points
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
+ The ''Bleeping'' of characters talking, which is optional anyway

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
:: Overall (10/10)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Overall, Golden Sun is a game which you will definitely want to get. Since it is already due for a sequel, you can tell how amazing it is.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/27/01, Updated 11/27/01