Review by InitialXero

"Golden Sun Is Worth Buying!"

Story Line: 9/10
I would give Golden Sun a 9 out of 10 because it was a game that screamed out Spectacular! The story line of Golden Sun is great! You start off with, what you think, is a simple day, then disaster strikes. You have your first quest of making it to certain places like The plaza in the beginning, then progress with more side-quests, and a lot of twists and suspense areas. The characters make the game spring to life. The only downside to the story line is that if you don't understand what's going on in the beginning you will find yourself stranded and baffled on what's going on in the rest of the game.

Characters: 8/10
The characters add to the element of fun, in this game. You will learn more about them as you progress further in to the more difficult areas. You will find that Isaac is a shy and quiet hero, Garet is a very brave soldier, Ivan is timid and quizzical, and that Mia is all-around smart. Other story board characters include, Felix, Menardi, Saturos, Babi, and Iodem. These characters you'll find are a perfect fit in this ''must have'' game. They add effects of secrets and hidden pasts to the game which will raise your suspense to find out what will happen next. The only down fall of the characters are that some aren't really explained that well. Although you shouldn't let that deter you from buying this game.

The graphics in Golden Sun, if you haven't heard, are spectacular! Great 3D animations of characters, great weapon unleashes realistic battle scenes and a whole lot more. Animated summons such as Nereid, Atlanta, Judgment, and Boreas are cool! Literally! The cinema scenes are awesome, if you buy the game I guarantee you will be stunned by the amazing graphics alone if not anything else. The towns, houses world map details and scenery is so real looking that it will knock your socks off. The character animations will sweep you off your feet!

The game has great music. By the way the music sounds you can tell that someone went through a lot of work. It's so breathtakingly good that you can sit there for days just listening to it. Some of the best music in the game is in Suhalla Desert, and Venus Lighthouse. Those two musical themes by themselves will make you want to buy this game. If you like great classics and like listening to music so intense that it makes your heart jump, BUY THIS GAME! The game is great, but with the added music, this game is untouchable! By the time you have completed the first file, you will probably have started your second.

Control: 10/10
The control in Golden Sun is awesome, you heard it from me, I've beaten the game 16 times! The use of the GameBoy Advance system buttons are easy and helpful. For example if you don't wish to keep going through a list of moves to use, simply set that move to the R or L buttons on your GBA system. The ''Sleep'' mode for Golden Sun is also a neat effect. You simply hold L and R for 3 seconds, or select sleep from the save menu and you can put your game on sleep to swap files or just to let your GBA sleep while you're away. You can use battle effects and set certain things to almost any button in the game. Buying this game is a must.

Battle System: 9/10
The battle system for Golden Sun is really good! Simply a back take turn, RPG classic. You can choose to attack, summon a djinni, or a summon etc. Healing items, and items that dish out major damage can be used in battle. You can equip armor, weapons, also rare staffs and rings that can protect you from numbers of things in a battle. Certain items will raise your defense, attack, PP, and HP or level. The rotating battle scene will shift sides depending on attack, or which party is attacking, whether it's you or the enemy. This is a great battle system, the only problem that will be fixed in the sequel to this game is the ability to battle your friend via the GBA Link Cable.

This is a great game, a must buy! I own the game and it's been number one on my GBA top ten game list since I bought it last October. This game has great quality, it's been out for nearly a year and is still one of the top ten GBA games being purchased in stores. That alone should make you wish to purchase it. I'm telling you, personally that this isn't a waste of money, it's a great investment, and that's coming from me! Well, if you don't want to buy Golden Sun after this, I don't know what else will convince you. These are my preferences on Golden Sun, but this is only a review. If you want to experience a true RPG for yourself, buy this game. Golden Sun is worth buying.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/07/02, Updated 09/07/02