Review by LiNkIn

"Make Room for Rayman!"

In my opinion, Rayman Advance is the best 2-d platformer for the GBA bar-none. With breathtaking visuals alongside with good gameplay, it's easy to see why. If that hasn't caught your attention, then read-on...

Gameplay:
This game is fun! I have never had as much fun with a platformer since playing Sonic for the Genesis. Ah, those were the days! I found the game to be a little difficult at first, but once you memorize all of the levels, it becomes significantly easier. Now here's the hard part: You see you need to collect all of these items called electoon cages to get to the final level of the game. The thing is that they are insanely difficult to find, and not everybody will want to stick around 'til the end. No one should have trouble to moving around in this game. Like most platformers out there, the controls are simplistic, yet complex. Overall, great gameplay!

Audio/Video:
Let me start by saying that this game is beeeeutiful. No, those photos aren't fake. Don't believe me, play the game. You'll be shocked. It's even nicer to see the game in motion. The only bad thing I noticed was some slowdown while playing in Eraser Plains, nothing too bad. The audio is average. I mean, don't get me wrong, the music is awesome, there just aren't enough sound effect to make me believe I was in Rayman's universe. Oh well, audio isn't that much of a big deal, and video more than makes up for it.

Story:
There isn't much of a story to this game. Basically Mr. Dark (the antagonist) defeats Betilla the Fairy and steals the Great Protoon (which balances the world). So basically all of the electoons are scattered all over the game and you'll have to find them all to beat the game. So Rayman is chosen to be the hero as he has to search for all the electoons in an unbalanced world. There are a couple of plot twists in there that are shown to you by screenshots, but that's about it. Overall, not much of a story.

Replayability:
There are 60 levels to pass and 102 electoon cages to find, so you should be pre-occupied for about a month. But after you pass the game, you only could do 2 things: Replay all of the earlier levels, or start a new file. That's it. So once you pass this game, it'll for sure catch dust. The replayabilty, therefore, is ok.

Buy or Rent?:
Well, if this review hasn't already persuaded to purchase this awesome game, I would say rent. You won't find everything when you rent it, but at least you'll get an overall feel for it and you would find out if you would want to buy it or not.

Goodbye and good luck with Rayman Advance. ^_^