Review by MoSkiTo

"It might look a little strange, but it's a truly GREAT game!"

Out of all the launch titles for the Gameboy Advance, this one was the one I was most excited about. I never played any rayman game before so I didn't know if I would like it or not... but when I heard there was over 60 levels, awesome graphics, and was going to be extremely hard, I knew I was going to love it. When the GBA came out and all the launch titles too, I bought my GBA and my rayman advance game and I loved it. I could not put it down. Now that I finally beat the game, I decided to right a review~

The graphics, there so colorful, bright, and smooth. They look awesome! It really makes you feel like your in a really dreamy world. This game has the best 2D graphics I've ever seen and I bet the next Rayman game coming out for GBA will have twice better graphics!

Sound and Music: 8/10

The sound is good. There's no problem with hearing it. When you collect a ting you can hear the little noise it makes. The music though, it kind of brings this rating down by 1 point. There are some good songs but some are kind of annoying. Once you hear the song a couple of times, you'll kind of get sick off it. That's only like with 3 songs though. The rest are pretty good.

Game play: 10/10

There's over 60 levels in this game. That is quite a lot! The game play is very long. Each level is big, filled with tons of secrets, and some levels have a little magician. The little magician will let you play his ting mini game if you pay him 10 tings. It's pretty cool. In each world, there's a boss and a mini boss. After you beaten every level, you need to save all the electoons. Therei s a total of 6 electoons in every level. So.... all of that stuff I said makes the game play incredibily long.

Replay Value: 10/10

The game has very good replay value. There's secrets and maybe magicians in every level so you are going to want to find all of that stuff. Once you beat the game, you won't be wanting to start another file again, it'll take like a month or 2 to make you want to play it again.

Difficulty: 10/10

I think the games difficultiness deserves more than 10/10... but I can't do that. The game is very hard. The levels keep on getting harder and harder, the bosses are extremely hard! You'll have to practice a lot if you want to beat the boss. Finding secrets and magician locations are very hard but the hardest thing in the game in my opinion is finding the electoons. Some are very hard to find without using a strategy guide.

Play Control: 10/10

The only thing that bugs me about the play control is when you press R, rayman will make a little scary face. This will scare off tall hunters and only tall hunters! When you get the running ability, that little face rayman does will be taken away. I don’t know why they didn’t put that little move on the L button. I don’t care much though because it only scares off the Tall Hunters so I still gave the play control a 10. It would be nice though if they still had that :) Play control is fine, nothing is wrong with it. Jump, punch, run, it’s very simple and it’s easy to master.

Fun: 10/10

The game is very enjoyable! The magician games, bosses, levels, etc... it’s all fun! So I give the satisfaction a 10/10.

Overall

Rayman is an awesome game. Over 60 levels, lots of secrets, fun bosses, electoons, magician games, this game totally deserves a 10/10 for the overall.

Buy it? Or Rent it?

Buy, don’t be fooled by it’s kiddish looks, its an truly awesome game!!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/19/02, Updated 10/19/02