Review by ANTYaz925

"Why does this game look like the Playstation's version!?"

Yes, you heard me right. If you read my opening line, you're probably wondering what am I saying. You're probably thinking that I mixed up the GBA version with the PSX one. No, I didn't. THPS2 for the GBA is an AWESOME game that brings the PSX version to a portable system and does it with style. You will not be able to put this game down, and that's not really a bad thing.

Graphics- 10/10: The graphics are outstanding. It's unbelievable that Activision can achieve these graphics on a handheld system. The game is 3-D on a system that really doesn't support 3-D. You don't have the behind-the-skater view from the console versions, but you get a little farther away camera that follows you. The stages look EXACTLY like their console counter-parts. When I first went to the Hangar, I noticed that I actually played that level before!

Gameplay- 10/10:What's there to say? It's Tony Hawk! If you've played the console versions to death, pick this up. If you have the console versions and didn't beat them, pick this up. If you have never played this game in your life, pick this up. I think you get the point. The gameplay is just like the console versions in every way. The developers did not hold back on this game at all. The same goals, 1/2 pipes, ramps, poles, etc. are here. 13 skaters are here, just like the previous version, so you don't have to worry if your favorite skater didn't make the cut. There are also 6 levels, with a secret level added for the GBA.

Controls- 10/10: Some say that the controls are bad. That's their opinion. The controls are perfect, taking full advantage of the newly-added shoulder buttons. The default controls are: L-flip tricks, R-grab tricks, B-ollie, and A-grind, although they can be changed. The controls are solid and work well on the go. You can still pull off your 900's and such perfectly.

Sound- 10/10: The sound on this game is incredible. Although it lacks words, the music is the right type for skating and getting big air. It's intense and packed with action, and that's good. The sound isn't scratchy at all and if you use headphones, your sound will br CRANKING!!

Final word:THPS2 for the GBA is a perfect game. There is nothing wrong with it at all. At $35-$40, how can you turn this game down. It is the ultimate GBA game for launch. You will not find a better game, other than Castlevania. A rent will only disappoint you, since you have to return the game. No matter if you've played it, beaten it, destroyed it, played it for years, or never played it, THPS2 for the GBA is your game! Now, there's only one problem: WHEN IS THPS3 COMING!?

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/10/01, Updated 06/10/01