Review by Doodleheimer

"Holy crap! Publisher's Clearing House is here!"

Game Play-
8/10

The game play obviously isn't equal to the PSX, N64, DC, PC, and Mac versions, but they do their best. The game has the same basic quest. There are a few less levels in this game. The warehouse from THPS 1 is in this. Parts of the level have been cut off, and some parts of levels are distorted compared to the console versions. All of the characters from the console versions, including Spiderman, are in this game. You achieve goals in levels and earn medals in competitions to earn money to build up your stats, buy new boards, or buy new tricks. New parts have been added to levels to compensate for getting rid of other parts. The game is a new challenge because some of the items have been moved in the conversion to different places. It's much harder to get a high score in this version than it was in the console versions.

Control-
6/10

The control in this game is really hard to get ahold of. It's even harder if you've never played a Tony Hawk game before. The ''A'' button is jump, the ''B'' button is grind, the ''L'' button is flip, and the ''R'' button is grab. It's extremely confusing to learn, and easy to mess up.

Audio-
4/10

The music is awful. It sounds like could've been on the GBC. They made the music really load. It can be heard from fifteen feet away. (I'm not good at measuring) The sound effects are okay, not as good as the console versions.

Graphics-
7/10

The graphics are good, but they should've made this from a first or third-person perspective. The items are hard to get, because their placement deceives you. The view is at an overhead angle. The frame rate is smooth, and the textures are nice and detailed.

Enjoyability-
8/10

The game is a good portable alternative to the console versions. The fun is still there, but the music is awful. It's probably the best that can be done on the GBA. Most people will like this. the only people who won't like this are people who can't grasp the fact that the game doesn't compare to the console versions.

Score Rundown

Game Play-8/10 - Overrated
Control-6/10 - Hard to learn
Audio-4/10 - Loud
Graphics-7/10 - Eh
Enjoyability-8/10 - Wha?

Score-33/50

Percentage of Gaming Goodness-66%

Overall-7/10

Doodleheimer's Recommendationitivity

If you liked Tony Hawk, or you have a lot of patience, then you should go get this game. The game is a pretty good conversion of the console versions. It costs $40.00 now, but I wouldn't exactly pay that much for it. I DID, but I shouldn't have. I only bought this because Gamespot gave this a 9.3.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 07/29/01, Updated 05/20/02