How do you catch Abra?

1. I'm in the Granite Cave, and whenever I encounter an Abra, it teleports out of battle before I can do anything. I've tried throwing a Great ball at it from the beginning, but that didn't work. Is there a specific item I need or anything?

User Info: LimitBreak_LVL4

LimitBreak_LVL4 - 6 years ago

1. Abra has a fairly low catch rate, so if you keep popping into the fight and throwing a ball, you might actually catch it eventually. Otherwise, you need to use a move that will put it to Sleep or force it to stay in battle. Hypnosis is an example, as well as a move like Mean Look. A Pokemon with Arena Trap (Trapinch, Diglett, Dugtrio) I believe will also keep it in battle. Your Pokemon should also be faster than the Abra, which is easy enough if you're higher level than it. Once you have it immobilized, you can try to catch it straight away, or knock its health down first. False Swipe is best for that if you have it, otherwise, just throw a ball until you get it.

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz (Expert) - 6 years ago 1 0