What determines whether Wurmple evolves into Silcoon or Cascoon?

1. I was wondering....what factors determine whether or not Wurmple will evolve into Silcoon or Cascoon? Cause I caught a whole bunch of them on Route 102, and when I was training some of them, the first one evolved into Cascoon, and the second one evolved into Silcoon.

My younger brother and myself used to think that involved this theory: While you're training a Wurmple, if you want it to evolve into Silcoon, then have it use Tackle more than Poison Sting, and if you want it to evolve into Cascoon, then have it use Poison Sting more than Tackle. I'm not entirely sure if that theory is correct or not, but that's what we used to think, anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

User Info: PokemonMegaFan

PokemonMegaFan - 4 years ago

1. Wurmple evolves into Silcoon or Cascoon depending sololy on it's personality value when you catch/hatch the Wurmple, which is a hidden value that you can't view in-game. Basically, it's random.

User Info: Kitazaki_san

Kitazaki_san - 4 years ago 1 0