Question from jessejaura

Internal Battery?

My ruby pak says the internal battery has run dry and clock based events won't happen. What should I do?????

jessejaura provided additional details:

Will the steps on this site work? Will it mess up my game and is it risky??
www.overclock.net/nintendo/465536-tutorial-replace-internal-battery-pokemon-ruby

ericb982 asked for clarification:

Bro. Pick an answer. The fact this has been open for 4 years...

Answers

RaikouTGC answered:

Nothing, unless you think you can replace the battery yourself
1 4

Dexthe answered:

Nothing,Cause the Game might be a Bootleg.A bootleg is a fake game.Maybe u can change the battery too.....
0 9

FyrFyter22 answered:

This is a common problem with Ru/Sa/Em, Nintendo had a address you could send them to and they would replace the battery, at the cost of your save file. Wether they still do this or not I do not knowcheck the nintendo website for more info
2 1

RaikouTGC answered:

This is the site FyrFyter was referring to, I have it saved in my Shortcuts for just this reason

www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/gameboy/trouble_specificgame.jsp#error

It appears Nintendo no longer will repair this problem
1 2

ChrisPerez001 answered:

RaikouTGC and FyrFyter are right about the battery. I have the internal battery setting and nothing bad happens.Everything in the game is still the same except for the fact that the berries you plant will not grow because the clock is frozen. That's it... its nothing serious.
2 1

megamanbassally answered:

Played for too long or if u bought the game used it might have had a lot of hours wasted by previous owners same thing happened to my emerald...
0 4

sk8mafia4life01 answered:

There is no way to fix this unless you send your game off to nintento at the cost of the current save file that is recorded on the game cartridge.
0 0

dravenruiz answered:

I would just leave it alone but with the patch frlg it says unable to update so it is sort of a good thing with pokerus
0 2

Ps3Mastery answered:

Other than not being able to grow your own Berries bushes, nothing will be effected by the clock's battery running out. But if you MUST have your berry Bushes there are tutorials online how to replace it.
0 0

SpyroMaster234 answered:

You cannot do anything about it. This means you will either need to trade or use GameShark codes to get Regiice. And you won't be able to grow berries. No going to Mirage Island either. My recommendation, just buy a GameShark. You dont need berries, you'll be able to get Regiice, and Mirage Island only has a rare berrie and Wynaut. Both of which you can get with GameShark
0 0

spikeymon answered:

You have to replace the battery. I ordered a Tri-wing screwdriver from ebay for $3 to unscrew the game cartridge, and bought a CR1616 watch battery from radioshack for $7. Once you have the game cartridge open, a little bendable tin latch will be holding down the old battery, it was a bit sturdy but you have to pull it up with your fingernail and get the old battery out, then put the new battery in, press the little latch on top of it, close the cartridge, and screw it closed.
0 0

Hogieman27 answered:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkuG1nw8vbg
Fantastic video on how exactly to replace it. It worked and saved my file.
0 0

Akuhano answered:

According to some sources, as well as my friends, if you trade with LG/FR/E, then press Select + B or Start + B, it will bring up a menu that will allow you to fix the problem. Or, you can just connect to a Gamecube with a Pokemon game, and that will fix the problem. I'm not completely sure about this though, and you might want to get some additional opinions.
0 1

Gravemaker15 answered:

I have run into this problem and the battery doesn't do much to the gameplay and that this is a easy fix just like with Gold , Silver , and Crystal . As for your game data I am not sure that it won't be erased when replacing the battery.
0 0

songsecho answered:

Its really easy to replace the batteries on these games, i have replaced Blue, Gold, Silver, Crystal and Sapphire's batteries. They are all old games that i still play a lot so the battery died, and i replaced them fairly easily, and now they work great! The only draw back in Gold Silver and Crystal was i had to restart the game, but it wasn't bad because before hand it wouldn't save, which is how i knew the battery was dead. But it is possible to change the batteries
0 0

Gunbladelad answered:

Looking at some of the answers put here, they're referring to the Berry Program fix - which is a completely different problem from a dead internal battery, but to be fair the inability to grow berries is an identical symptom.
0 0

Internal battery dry? Open yanni2o9
Anyone have an idea about when does the ruby internal battery run dry? Answered megamanbassally
Is there a possibly way to fix the eternal battery? Answered Xseth12413
Pokemon ruby broken? Unanswered Drewapking
Cheat Codes? Open vhfan3584