Internal Battery?

1. My ruby pak says the internal battery has run dry and clock based events won't happen. What should I do?????

User Info: jessejaura

jessejaura - 7 years ago
    Will the steps on this site work? Will it mess up my game and is it risky??
    www.overclock.net/nintendo/465536-tutorial-replace-internal-battery-pokemon-ruby

User Info: jessejaura

jessejaura - 7 years ago
    Bro. Pick an answer. The fact this has been open for 4 years...

User Info: ericb982

ericb982 - 3 years ago

1. You have to replace the battery. I ordered a Tri-wing screwdriver from ebay for $3 to unscrew the game cartridge, and bought a CR1616 watch battery from radioshack for $7. Once you have the game cartridge open, a little bendable tin latch will be holding down the old battery, it was a bit sturdy but you have to pull it up with your fingernail and get the old battery out, then put the new battery in, press the little latch on top of it, close the cartridge, and screw it closed.

User Info: spikeymon

spikeymon - 4 years ago 3 0

Answers

1. Nothing, unless you think you can replace the battery yourself

User Info: RaikouTGC

RaikouTGC (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 4
  2. Nothing,Cause the Game might be a Bootleg.A bootleg is a fake game.Maybe u can change the battery too.....

User Info: Dexthe

Dexthe - 7 years ago 0 10
  3. This is a common problem with Ru/Sa/Em, Nintendo had a address you could send them to and they would replace the battery, at the cost of your save file. Wether they still do this or not I do not knowcheck the nintendo website for more info

User Info: FyrFyter22

FyrFyter22 - 7 years ago 2 2
  4. This is the site FyrFyter was referring to, I have it saved in my Shortcuts for just this reason

www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/gameboy/trouble_specificgame.jsp#error

It appears Nintendo no longer will repair this problem

User Info: RaikouTGC

RaikouTGC (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 2
  5. RaikouTGC and FyrFyter are right about the battery. I have the internal battery setting and nothing bad happens.Everything in the game is still the same except for the fact that the berries you plant will not grow because the clock is frozen. That's it... its nothing serious.

User Info: ChrisPerez001

ChrisPerez001 - 7 years ago 2 1
  6. Played for too long or if u bought the game used it might have had a lot of hours wasted by previous owners same thing happened to my emerald...

User Info: megamanbassally

megamanbassally - 7 years ago 0 4
  7. There is no way to fix this unless you send your game off to nintento at the cost of the current save file that is recorded on the game cartridge.

User Info: sk8mafia4life01

sk8mafia4life01 - 6 years ago 0 0
  8. I would just leave it alone but with the patch frlg it says unable to update so it is sort of a good thing with pokerus

User Info: dravenruiz

dravenruiz - 6 years ago 0 2
  9. Other than not being able to grow your own Berries bushes, nothing will be effected by the clock's battery running out. But if you MUST have your berry Bushes there are tutorials online how to replace it.

User Info: Ps3Mastery

Ps3Mastery - 5 years ago 0 0
  10. You cannot do anything about it. This means you will either need to trade or use GameShark codes to get Regiice. And you won't be able to grow berries. No going to Mirage Island either. My recommendation, just buy a GameShark. You dont need berries, you'll be able to get Regiice, and Mirage Island only has a rare berrie and Wynaut. Both of which you can get with GameShark

User Info: SpyroMaster234

SpyroMaster234 - 5 years ago 0 0
  11. www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkuG1nw8vbg
    Fantastic video on how exactly to replace it. It worked and saved my file.

User Info: Hogieman27

Hogieman27 - 4 years ago 0 0
  12. According to some sources, as well as my friends, if you trade with LG/FR/E, then press Select + B or Start + B, it will bring up a menu that will allow you to fix the problem. Or, you can just connect to a Gamecube with a Pokemon game, and that will fix the problem. I'm not completely sure about this though, and you might want to get some additional opinions.

User Info: Akuhano

Akuhano - 4 years ago 0 1
  13. I have run into this problem and the battery doesn't do much to the gameplay and that this is a easy fix just like with Gold , Silver , and Crystal . As for your game data I am not sure that it won't be erased when replacing the battery.

User Info: Gravemaker15

Gravemaker15 - 4 years ago 0 0
  14. Its really easy to replace the batteries on these games, i have replaced Blue, Gold, Silver, Crystal and Sapphire's batteries. They are all old games that i still play a lot so the battery died, and i replaced them fairly easily, and now they work great! The only draw back in Gold Silver and Crystal was i had to restart the game, but it wasn't bad because before hand it wouldn't save, which is how i knew the battery was dead. But it is possible to change the batteries

User Info: songsecho

songsecho - 2 years ago 0 0
  15. Looking at some of the answers put here, they're referring to the Berry Program fix - which is a completely different problem from a dead internal battery, but to be fair the inability to grow berries is an identical symptom.

User Info: Gunbladelad

Gunbladelad - 2 years ago 0 0