Review by Zoramon089

"One of the best GBA ever to come . . ."

When I first played Red back in 98' I thought it was the best game ever, dozens of monsters to train and capture and NPC to battle. Then G/S/C came. They were good but I felt it wasn't quite up to R/B standards. Now this.

Graphics 10/10

I thought the graphics were a big leap from G/S/C. When I look back on those games and compare I see these are alot more colorful and detailed. Most buildings have their own sprites and aren't just a rehash the sprite of town buildings (ie. Power Plant in G/S/C). A big up is that mostly every trainer and EVERY pokemon has their own sprite. Sweet! Things are also moving more like the flowers and water and after it rains you even see cloud reflections in puddles!

Sound 9/10

The sound is the game is awesome. The toons are catchy, like always and I like how they remix the battle them depending on who u are battling. Check the jungle feeling u get from the Safari Zone music. The only small (very small) gripe is with some of the cries. I wish they were a little more realistic.

Story 10/10

I know Pokemon games don't exactly tell epic tales but the stories are meant to be simple. Everyone says this game has the same story as all the others but CUM ON! I think the story is way better. The beginning bit is good and the general plot of Team Aqua/Magma trying to catch the legendary is good. They seem a lot more focused than the ol' TR.

Gameplay 10/10

If theres a game that so many can understand and beat despite language then u know the gameplay has to be a least decent. Not saying its only decent, it's excellent. The battle system is simple and easy to learn and understanding the whole game isn't a big hassle. Most of the games menus are also picture based so u can see what u are doing even with having to understand.

Fun Factor 10/10

It's very fun and enjoyable. I mean who wouldn't want to collect powerful creatures and pit them against their friends in battles? The difficulty level is just right so you won't drop it because its too easy and you would scream and curse because it's too hard. The only really big challenge is catching some of the legendaries (d**n Kyogre!)
Buy or Rent?

Definately buy, even if u aren't a real pokefan. it's a fun game you'll be playing for hours on.

Graphics 10/10
Sound 9/10
Story 10/10
Gameplay 10/10
Fun Factor 10/10

Overall 10/10 (not average)

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/05/02, Updated 12/05/02