Review by wolverinefan

"A classic made portable"

Story
The princess as been taken by Bowser yet again and it's up to Mario and his new friend, Yoshi to save her. The story hasn't changed much but it still works and of course this is the last time you'll see the Koopa Kids in a Mario game. give story a 4/10

Control
Besides the fact that your hands cramp up from playing on the GBA, the control is simple to get the hang of and it's responsive. I give control a 10/10

Voice Acting, Sound Effects and Music
It's been years since I played Super Mario World on the SNES but I'm pretty sure the original version didn't have any voice acting but this one does and it's pretty good, much better than the voice acting in Mario Sunshine. The sound effects are still the same and sound great. The music is classic and I even found myself humming some of it. I give voice acting, sound effects and music a 10/10

Game play
The original Mario Brothers game returns and a whole 8 stages were added for a total of 90 or so. Super Mario World is the same here as it was on the Super Nintendo and it's still a great game. The levels are varied and some have branching paths. The Koopa Kids provide a decent challenge as bosses and the addition of Yoshi is welcome. Mario also has a new power that lets him use a cape and fly which is cool and rather useful. The biggest question is, is Super Mario Advance 2 worth owning if you still own Super Mario World for your Super Nintendo? The answer depends, if you use your GBA a lot then this is a must own title for it. Other wise just stick with your SNES copy. I give game play a 10/10

Replay Value
The game is huge with a ton of levels and different paths to take. The game is also fun to play every now and then plus you can play the original Mario Brothers against a friend which is cool. I give replay value a 8/10

I really love this game and I have found memories of it. But do we really need it on the go? Well, it works and it's short enough that it is an easy game to just pick up and play.

Final Score
I give Super Mario Advance 2 a 9/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/10/07

Game Release: Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 (US, 02/09/02)