Review by waluigi42

"A Perfect Game That Sadly Had To Be Rated 9/10. It Should've Been Higher."

Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World I think is a fantastic game. It does have a few glitches, but still good.

On the Super Mario World part of the game, it is better than the original! You can play as Luigi, too! You can spend hours at a time, trying to beat the game completely. Mario Bros. Is all you would expect. It isn't as good as Super Mario World, but still really good!

Replayability: 8/10
You can get highscores in some levels, you can get all 96 secrets, you can collect all the yoshi coins, and you can get the maximum score. This takes a LONG time. You could spend months on this game trying to do those things! Once you do it all, though the game doesn't seem as fun, you can still go through all the levels. In my opinion, Super Mario World levels never get old. I wish Mario Bros. had a save option, because if you lose, you have to restart, and spend a long time getting back to where you were. That just adds to the replayability, but it can get frustrating.

Controls: 10/10
Mario in both games is normal, and Luigi is a bit slippy and can jump higher. I can't find any flaw in the controls. It feels natural, and isn't unfair.

The graphics are the same as they were on the SNES and still seem really good. Some of the enemies look like they could have been improved, and the background could have got a little extra something in some levels, but that is hardly noticeable when you're playing.

Story 8/10
I was debating on whether I should give the story an 8 or a 7. The story is the same as always, but a bit different at the beginning with the picnic. There isn't really a story to Mario Bros....

Sounds/Music: 10/10
I think everyone will agree with me when I say that Super Mario World Music never gets old. You also never get tired of Mario's jump sound or his "Oh! Mamamia!"s. The Music in Mario Bros. is a bit dull, but it goes really well with the gameplay.

Other: No rating
I haven't found any glitches in Mario Bros., but Super Mario World has some. Here are a few: Taking POW switches up a cage/rope/vine/chain with you, taking pressed POW switches through pipes and getting a new one on the other side, and my favorite, going through walls in a few levels. This is hard to do, and usually never happens if you try to do it. Most of the glitches help you, I noticed...

Rating:
Replayability: 8/10
Controls: 10/10
Sounds/Music: 10/10
Story 8/10

54/60=9/10

This is truly one of the best games I've ever played, and if you get it, you might spend years on it like I did.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/05/10

Game Release: Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 (US, 02/09/02)