Review by T Roy

"SMW is a really great game.....Old School gamers, REJOICE!!!"

Any of you Old School gamers remember SMW? The addictive gameplay, the tough challenges....ok, so it wasn't the best, but it was still fun. I just bought the game about 2 hours before i started writing this review, and I'm not even halfway thru! (hey, this game is hard with the controls! Gimme a break!) Anyway, welcome to my 4th review! (some of you may be saying, ''His 4th? I haven't seen a single one of his!'' well, the answer is, CjayC hasn't posted any of mine yet. *hint**hint*) On to the review!

Ok, so the graphics aren't that great, but they get the job done. I mean, THPS2 for GBA had MUCH better graphics, but if they changed the graphics too much, the game wouldn't be the same. (I still can't wait for SMRPG to be released on the GBA! that game will get 10/10 in this category!)

Sound/Music: 6/10
Ok, the music was choppy. it gets 6/10. The sound, however, was awesome, so I'm giving seperate ratings here. Sound: 9/10. The voices were awesome! They do get annoying after awhile, but they still are cool.

This is where the game shines. (one of the places, anyway) This storyline is awesome! (remember, this is my oppinion!)
I'm going to post the story strait out of the Instruction Booklet:

'Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach have traveled to Yoshi's Island in Dinosaur Land for a well-deserved vacation.
Shortly after arriving, however, Princess Toadstool disappears! Mario and Luigi search desperately for her, but to no avail. Finally, at the edge of the island, they come accross a mysterious egg. While they're taking a good, long look at the egg, it suddenly hatches and out pops a little dinosaur named Yoshi, who tells Mario and Luigi his sad tale. ''A group of turtles appeared here in Dinosaur Land and used magic to trap my friends inside eggs. Those turtles are really tough-they even trapped me when I came to help out my pals. Will you help me free my friends?''
Monstrous turtles? Surely, this is the work of Bowser, king of the Koopas. He and his henchmen must be behind Peach's disappearance, too! Now the Mario brothers must team up with Yoshi to free the princess and the other dinosaurs and start on a whole new adventure.'

This game is so fun to play! You can switch between Mario or Luigi on the World Map by simply pressing ''R''! The game delivers classic Mario Bros. type side-scrolling action, and it comes with 2 games in 1! It has SMW, and Mario Bros. Classic, meaning Multiplayer mode is available! All-in-all, this game is really great!

Controls: 4/10
If it weren't for the controls, the overall would be 10/10....but it can't be helped. The ''A'' button is jump, the ''B'' button is run, when you hold it down, and the ''L'' button, plus a direction, while in a level, can be used to move the screen up, down, left and right. The ''R'' button while in a level lets you do a spin jump.

Difficulty: (NOTE: the rating here will be for how hard it is, i.e., 1 is easy and 10 is for hard.) 6/10.
This game is about average in difficulty. It is so hard to jump on the enemies, tho. Your guy just never seems to wanna land on the enemies' head. That just frustrates me...

RP Value: N/A
I haven't beaten it yet, so how should i know?!

RENT or BUY?
Definately buy. this is a must have.

OVERALL: 8/10

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 02/14/02, Updated 02/14/02