Review by Ryan Rider

"One of the greatest games of all time has been revived!"

Gameplay: 9.5/10

When I was four years old, I met my best friend. Every day I would go to his house to play Super Mario World. For my fifth birthday, I finally got a Super Nintendo with, you guessed it, Super Mario World! I've beaten it countless times since then, and I tried not to play it for a few months in anticipation for Super Mario Advance 2. I was right, the game rocks-big or small! After all these years, the game still has it's fun aspect. There are so many different villains from the usual Koopas, Goombas and Boos; to Urchins, Rips Van Fishes, Sumo Brothers and all sorts of other bad guys! With 96 levels and goals, it's quite fun to get them all. The controls are quite basic: A Button to jump, Control Pad to walk, B Button and the Control Pad to run, the R Button to do the famous ''Spin Jump'', etc. There are also several differences between the two games. Luigi now is the one from Super Mario Bros. 3 and is different from Mario; he throws his fireballs higher, is skinnier, jumps diffentely, etc. The kiss between Mario and Princess is less passionate this time, as there is no tongue involved. Also, if you lose your feather(makes you fly), or firballs instead of becoming small, you stay big.

Story: NA/10

The usual. Princess is kidnapped once again by Bowser so Mario and Luigi go to Dinosaur land to save her. They have to go through all seven of the Bowser kids, which are never seen again after this game, and all sorts of challenging villains and levels.

Audio/Video: 7.5/10:

It's pretty cool how they made a game from a big screen squished down to the Game Boy Advance. They still could have added better graphics, but that might have taken away from the ''classic'' part of the game. Also, the music is actually clear on the GBA, and goes good with the game. I actually listen to the music on this game!

Replayability: 10/10

If Nintendo could still make money off this game twelve years after it's original release, then I think this game has quite a lot of replayability. Even after you beat the game, it is still fun to re-do castles and fortresses, get all ninety-six levels/goals, or just plain re-start! You could also try to beat Star World/Special World if you did not already.

To buy or to rent?/Overall: 9/10:

Nothing's perfect as I still gave this game a nine on ten, but I suggest that you buy this game even if you have never played it on the Super Nintendo or Game Boy Advance. One of the greatest games of all time has been revived, and whether you are a veteran to Super Mario World, or a new player; you'll have to love Super Mario Advance 2!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/16/02, Updated 02/16/02