"Super Mario World is back, and now it's all in the palm of your hand!"

Gameplay: 9.5/10

When I was about three years old, my older brother(Brakker-Z) received the SNES and a copy of Super Mario World. I was amazed by the fun and challenging(when I was three) levels of the game. It opened me to the land of Mario and the console. Since then I've beaten the game several times and unlocked almost all secrets to it. About two months ago I read in a article that Super Mario World will be a playable game on the on the Gameboy Advance. I quickly purchased the Gameboy Advance and a copy of Super Mario World. I'm enjoying the game and I've beaten the game once and I still want to play it. It's so much fun playing it on a portable system!
Fun! Fun! Fun! I can't stop playing this game. This game includes the old classic Mario Bros. game and also the famous Super Mario World. In the classic mode, you'll face thirty challenging levels of puzlles where you will have to beat the baddies. Don't suspect the classic mode to be easy! Each five levels the difficulty increases by a lot. Now lets get to Super Mario World. Super Mario World on the GBA is almost the same has the original one but its just cool playing it on a small screen with the GBA. There 96 levels and goals to complete which is seven worlds plus Star World and Special. That means that there is many hours of fun and well designed gameplay!

Story
It the old classical basic Mario story its with the big bad Bowser kidnapping Princess Toadstool and bringing her into a faraway land. This makes Mario want to save her and has to travel through all of the passages occupied by Bowser's army to reach the Princess Toadstool.

Audio/Graphics:9/10

You may not think the graphics are good but they are pretty much what a 16 bit system can do. If you still don't think its good enough then think of this: the graphics don't make a game, the gameplay does! As for the sound of the game, it's the same classic Mario music as usual, yet fairly clearer. You'll realize Nintendo sneaked in two or three extra music tunes. Just remember that the sound and graphics don't make a game good, but it does give it a boost!

Replayability/Buy it or rent it?

The game takes a few hours to beat but don't think your done after that! There are a lot of Secret goals/levels that can double the time of gameplay. Once you've beaten everything you'll probably get bored but every now and then you'll be ready to take on the challenge again! As for to buy or rent, I suggest that if you like Mario and whether you have never played Super Mario World for the SNES; or a long time veteran of the game, buy it! I recommend if you know someone that is at the age of about 3 or 4 this is a perfect game for them to open there eyes to the land of Nintendo! It's good for beginners, and it's even still a challenge to great gamer everywhere!

Overall: 9.5/10

By far this was and is one of the best games in console and portable history and probably the best of all time. Try it now for hours of fun gameplay!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 02/26/02, Updated 02/26/02