Review by johnocoffo

"Easily one of the best Mario games ever made...A MUST HAVE!!!"

Gameplay – 10/10 Super Mario Advance 2 has some of the best gameplay you could possibly ask for in a video game. It's our favourite, classic 2-D side-scroller style of gameplay, where you jump on your enemies, learn to fly with Mario's cape, and ride Yoshi! I have absolutely zero complaints about the gameplay in this game. It is fun, and easy to learn how to play, especially if you are an old-school Mario gamer.

Graphics – 9/10 These graphic are probably the best you could ask for from a SNES 2-D game, but they aren't the best the Gameboy Advance can do. But there is a really cool movie at the beginning! If you loved this game when you were younger though, you will be drooling over the graphics.

Sound – 10/10 The music in this game rocks. You've got your favourite Mario tunes made even better for the Gameboy Advance. The characters can even talk during the game, not much, but it is still very cool. This game has the best music and SFX you could ask for, so get ready to plug in your headphones and pump up that Mario music.

Replayability – 8/10 The game is VERY, VERY long with so much to do, but once you beat everything, there isn't really much to do except start all over again. If you've played this game a lot for SNES before, then you will probably beat the game in a matter of hours too! But Nintendo decided to throw in the Super Mario Bros. Arcade game that they had on Super Mario Advance 1 as well, so that does add to the replay value a lot.

Buy or Rent? – BUY IT!!! This game is a must have for all you Mario and SNES fans out there. It brings back some great memories. Even if you've never played the game before though, it will completely blow you away and show you what you've been missing!

The Final Word – This game is an awesome, near-perfect game. The only reason I didn't give it 10/10 is because it only took me a few hours to beat it. But then again, I'm a Super Mario pro. It's a great game, and I recommend it to ALL gamers of ALL ages. So dig deep into your wallets and buy this classic mario adventure, it is worth it!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/04/02, Updated 03/04/02