Review by evax01

"Mortal Kombat has been revived!"

After hearing about this new gameboy advance Mortal Kombat coming out, I was excited.. Now when I play this game, I see a port of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3! Get ready for more flying kicks and punches and lots of blood too! Mortal Kombat!!!!! Moral Kombat has arrived to your gameboy advance with all the glory! Anyways, let's get to the review

Story: There is basically no story to this game. All you do is fight your way to the top and defeat Shao Khan. However you must battle warriors who want to kill you as well and to be the master!

Gameplay:8/10 The game is pretty good however the controls are a little sloppy. You can only puch and kick with 2 buttons and you can block with R and run with L.. When you run and hit a guy, you will notice your punches and kickes will not hit the guy soemtimes making this difficult to do combos. This makes the game a bit harder to play.. I found the falaties and moves to be easier to execute making this a plus! I always had trouble with some of the characters in the snes version. If you got big hands, the controls might be a little hard to play with due to the small control pad.

Graphics: 8/10 The game brings the snes game into your hand with excellent backgrounds. However, the animation of the moving stuff that flies when the wind blows is gone making this a -1. The background too however gotten no animation as well so that another -1. Man they did a good job but could have created all the cool specail effects as well!

Sound:10/10 From the oof's to the Ahhhh!'s you will hear all the screams and cries of warriors. I found nothing wrong with the sound.

Replayability: 5/10 *Yawn* There is not much to unlock so this makes it a one-time game however the game is fun with 2-4 players. I found a question mark on the select fighter screen and it has a queston mark. SOmeone can be unlocked but who. The only good things is the multiplayer..

Rent/Buy: This game is average so I prefer you rent this game. If you are a huge fan of the MK series, buy it! It better with friends than alone.

Overall:7/10 This game is pretty good but I recommand renting or trying before buying. I didn't like it as much as the snes version. I would like the next MK game to be a lot better.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 12/20/01, Updated 12/20/01