Review by N2x

"Toasty! But that's only because the fire went out."

Browsing through my local videogame store, I felt like purchasing new game. After seeing nothing particularly interesting for the Gamecube or PS2, I wandered over to the GBA section of the store, hoping to spot some brand new games. Almost instantly that dragon logo caught my eye and I immediately purchased Mortal Kombat Advance. I guess I did it because I thought it would bring back nostalgic memories from the good old SNES days.

Boy, was I wrong.

It's pretty hard to write 400 words on this piece of Ef Boon's excrement, since my primary response to it was twelve straight hours of sobbing my eyes out, but I'll give it a shot.

Graphics- 7
Nothing really to marvel at here. The graphics are slightly better than average and nothing more. The backgrounds get the job done and the player models are generic. You can't really complain about the visuals, but then again, you can't really marvel at them here. The only thing that I am diappointed about is the blood. It's just so...bland.
Human Equivalent: The box factory owner from The Simpsons

Sound- 8
The sound is very nice, though unworthy of the title ''Advance'' (but then again, neither is the whole game). I just think that the developers could have done so much more with the GBA cart than just ported music and sound. But make no mistake about it, it's good ported music and sound.
Human Equivalent: Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction

Gameplay- 1^-4470158734534580358935350.3
It sucks more than it's original SNES counterpart. You see, this game is a port, not an original. Yes, you heard me, it's a port of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. This presents a question:

HOW CAN YOU CALL THIS ADVANCED WHEN IT'S A STRAIGHT PORT OF A CRAPPY GAME TO BEGIN WITH?!

The control scheme is abysmal to say the least, not to mention the insane difficulty level and the virtually nonexistant 1 player mode because of that. You can't win a VS match with the computer no matter what, because it's just too fast, making impossible moves. Oh wait, the computer doesn't have to go through the awful controls in order to pull off a move, so I guess that's all right. NOT. I can only imagine what Very Hard difficulty feels like.
Human Equivalent: Leonardo Leonardo from the short lived Clerks cartoon series.

Please, do not make the same mistake I did. Get Street Fighter II Turbo Revival instead if you want a good fighting game.

Reviewer's Score: 2/10 | Originally Posted: 03/09/02, Updated 03/09/02