Question from Artilerex

I Can't Save?

I'm using an Emulator on the PC as my FFTA cartridge is not working. I downloaded the ROM from a site called DGEmu and played on No$GBA. I can save the game, but when I turn it off and then turn it on to play again, my saved files have been deleted and I can only play "New Game". Help! I've tried playing more than once and also on the VisualBoyAdvance. Help will be greatly appreciated.

solais answered:

Try using VisualboyAdvance, its way more compatible with GBA games. Either way, savetype of this game is Flash 64k. Set it that and (do save settings for NO$GBA) reset the game, you should be able to save after that.
Sidenote: Make sure your savegame works! Do not rely on savestates, you will regret it lol. (you have to save before final boss)
2 0

Answers

pwero answered:

I'm not very sure about No$GBA as the emulator i use is VisualBoyAdvance. I had the same problem with my emulator but I think re-downloading it fixes the problem. Not very sure though, as they are different emulators
0 2

commanderkief answered:

I had FFTA on the VisualBoyAdvance and it saved just fine. I'm not familiar with No$GBA but try downloading a new ROM for the VisualBoy and it should work. Try to find a good Rom site.
0 0

jordan123443210 answered:

another thing that you could try is doing a "save state" on the emulator. This is how I had to save mine on an old emulator and I haven't done anything worthy od saving in my new emulator. If that doesn't work, try downloading the rom again or try and use visual boy advance
1 2

zhengie answered:

Try open gameboy that will work maybe
0 1

jwaltzjr answered:

On many emulators, you must "savestate" even if saving the regular way, otherwise when you close the ROM it will won't save the state of the game and will delete your saved games. In VBA, you hit shift and one of the function keys.
1 2

arceus_mewtwo answered:

You could try reinstall it.
0 1

OgreRecruiter answered:

This will happen. I tried to play FFTA2 for a DS emulator.. so heres what might happen.

Well if you save. on the 2nd slot of the 2 files WHILE having a file on the 1st save slot and then close the emulator it will delete them both even if you use Save State.. so basicly you only got 1 save slot so becafull on what you do so that way you wont need a second save slot.

I dont know if it were to do this for FFTA but it couldnt hurt to throw this in there
0 0

vixen1977 answered:

It could be due to several things, I know the emulation support website emulationhq.com has a definitive FFTA support FAQ on their website. The guys who run that site are big fans of FFTA/A2 as they did the first ever Bazaar FAQ for FFT A2. Worth seeing if they can help you as your question is technically off-topic for gamefaqs, being about emulators.
0 0

noahgab1133 answered:

go to either this site
zerosoft.zophar.net/ipswin.php and download ipswin 2.0
or
go to www.no-intro.org/tools.htm and download gbata

then go to www.pocketheaven.com/ph/bubbz/?system=gba&section=patch and download the save fix for your game. use one of the programs above and patch your game. You might need winrar or 7-zip to extract the files.

I recommend ipswin2.0 since it is easier to use, but gbata has more features. read this for more details under the patches section.
www.dgemu.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=130120
0 1

SuzieJoeBob answered:

On Visual Boy Advance:
Download one of the .sps files from the saves section

Open the game on VBA, then go to File > Import > Gameshark Snapshot and open the .sps file you downloaded.
0 0

FFfan01 answered:

I culdnt figure it out either, so i just used savestates.
0 0

FEDERATIONLOL answered:

Try to use GBA emulator
because it is original programmer runner
if it doesn't work.....
go download new FFTA new game at ROMFREAK.com
0 0