Review by Demolisho

"Nothing new, or special"

Remember when the original golden sun came out? People were in awe of the graphical abilities the gameboy advance was showing as soon as it came out. People rushed to buy this game, and even as you read this the original golden sun still costs the same amount of cash it did when it came out.
Yes, even I loved the game when it first came out, the awe inspiring adventure that took place in the palms of your hand like a new book just captivated the world, but what of this.....sequal?
Oh boy, I bet you all can't wait to get your grubby hands on this game. Guess what, unless you enjoy avid text conversations and playing the same game over and over again you probably wont want to waste your money on this game. Sure it's a good game, but how much change was implemented into it. Not much I'll tell you that.
Graphics 8/10
yeah the graphics are good and all, but what do you expect when the sprites are the same. Not much change has bee done to the graphics, in fact NO CHANGE AT ALL!!!!!! I don't mind really, I like the graphics, but they could've added new textures and such.
Story 6/10
Blah, blah, blah, thats all this game does is blabber on about events and important plotlines. Skip one little message box without reading it and you could be lost for weeks. The storyline is the same, not many plot changes.
Gameplay 7/10
Wow, new psynergy spells, and stronger summons??? That's about it. I can't really say anything other then this part is a major dissapointment. When I popped the game in my GBA I was expecting new battle moves or maybe a small change, I was dissapointed. It's the same thing, exactly the same thing. Put djinni on character, make character so strong that beating the game is easier then having a mcdonalds worker get your happy meal made wrong.
Yeah sure there are new people to talk to, but that really doesn't do anything.
Sound/Music 6/10
I really don't care, it's not too bad, but not good either
unfortunately it's just normal video game music, nothing new here.
Replay Value?
Think about playing chess with a corpse.
Conclusion
DO NOT pay good money for this game. It's the same thing as the original. If you really want a new golden sun experience then make up your own storyline to the older version. It seems to be more fun then this one.
Rent or Buy?
Don't buy, rent. Renting makes the game cost $5, making it easier on yourself. If you like it, buy it. But don't get mad at me if you get sick of it.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/06/03, Updated 04/06/03