Review by TCollins

"In all it's glory, it has arrived"

All I can say for this game is...Finally. It has been over a year since the original Golden Sun was released in the US, and the wait for the sequel has been excruciatingly long. But it was all worth it, because this game is absolutely amazing.

Story/Plot: 9/10
The story to Golden Sun: The Lost Age is as intricate and detailed as the original. The group goes on an epic journey with detailed side-quests along the way. All leading up to an amazing ending. It starts where the first game left off and goes off on a great adventure traveling 2-3 times the amount of Golden Sun. You travel vast mountains and wide oceans, all while following the storyline. My only complaint is with the long discussions between characters. At certain points, it can take upwards to 2-3 minutes of discussion. That might seem like a small amount of time, but when you spend it wearing out your A and B buttons of your Game Boy Advance.

Amazing...absolutely amazing. Whether your in the middle of battling a boss, or traveling on the world map, your being engulfed in the music and sound of the game. It flows perfectly with the game. It is as if you have a traveling orchestra following your every movement. The music is much of the battles. This game would not be as great as it is if they had changed the music. It truly makes the game.

It's as simple as this, there is no easier game to pick up the gameplay. It is as easy as 1 2 3. You start with the knowledge of everything you need to know. If you have played an RPG, you have controlled GS:TLA. The only thing that I could think you would have trouble understanding is the use of Djinni. And you get a very detailed and easy to follow explanation of them right as you leave your first town.

If you didn't know that this game was for the GBA, you couldn't tell. Just like it's predecessor, this game has the best graphics for the GBA yet. The grapics are what make the Golden Sun games so great. The battle animations are spectacular. Whether your sword is unleashing an unleash(Not the best choice of wording) or if your using your djinn to summon a powerful summon(Once again, not my fault) the graphics will captivate you. You almost can't take your eyes away from Felix and Co. as they get into epic battles.

Replay Value: 8/10
It may seem like the replay value for this is game is minimal, but in all essence, it is quite the oppisite. For serious gamers anyways. If you like to play a game, beat it, then toss it with the others, there is no replay. But I'm the type of gamer that gets all I can out of my games. You can try to capture all the djinn, you can level up to 99, and my personal favorite, going for the low level game. I will spend monthes mastering every aspect of this game, and so can you if you really get into it.

Buy or Rent?
Without a doubt, buy it. This will keep you going for long enough that there is no way you can rent this game and be satisfied. If you do choose to rent, you will be going back to your local Blockbuster many times to renew it.

Overall This game is spectacular. I can't even describe it's awesomeness. It will keep you coming back for more and more until you just can't take it anymore. Amazing!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/13/03, Updated 04/14/03