Review by X Ven0m X

"Better than the last Golden Sun? YEAH! Best GBA game? Maybe... find out."

Welcome to my review. Ok so some people like Golden Sun... and some people don't like Golden Sun. Well it's their opinion. But let's get to my opinion shall we? I mean that's what you came for right? I hope yes.

Story = 3/5
The story is well done. If you haven't played the first Golden Sun then don't worry, in the beginning they have a summary for you. OK so you control Felix and you are trying to light the Lighthouses. Deeper and further into the game you'll find out why he wants to. But twists and turns make the story better. That'll keep ya going!

As usual, when as you go further into the game, you'll meet some new characters. Including some “old characters” I won't spoil it but, you'll see what I mean ¾ into the game.

Final Word; The story is great, some people may disagree. But you have to admit, it's an extremely well developed story.

Gameplay = 5/5
The gameplay is one of the best on the GBA. Simple RPG stuff. Adventure into dungeons, forests, or towns. Battles to be won. Sidequests to be done. Unique Djinn System. It's all great here.

Battle System and Djinn System are sort of linked so it will get complex at first but when you go deeper into the game then it will be a piece of cake. Now battles are random and are turn-based. You can Attack, Cast a Spell, Defend, Summon, or use and Item. Usual stuff you'd see in any RPG.

Adventuring in a game has never been so fun. Find hidden treasure. Use Psynergy to move, destroy, or lift objects. Tricky and Mind-Blowing Puzzle in every room. It may even get frustrating at times. But that's what makes Golden Sun, Golden Sun! It also offers a challenge.

Final Word; the gameplay is as smooth as butter and is tough as a stone. All around greatness. A gameboy RPG like this is shocking.

Audio = 4/5
The music... is BEAUTIFUL! Dungeon music is catchy. Town music is soft. World Map music is wonderful. Sound effects are ... alright, not the best but work. The voiceover is the thing that prevented the 5 out of 5. Your voice is "BLAMBLAHBLAHBLAMBLAHBLAMBLAHBLAMGOO" so you might wanna turn off the VO's.

Sound effects are… I guess you can say it's OK. Explosions are like “BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!” Summons are just amazing. It's so nice. When you get and item or go into the menu it STILL sounds great.

Final Word; Music is enjoyable and sound effects are nice. But the voiceovers are like “Ugh!” material.

Graphics = 4/5
Oh dear god! The graphics are wonderful for the GBA. The dungeons are even pretty. Looks like the first Golden Sun, but why fix it if it's not broken? Enemies are pretty too, well not really but you know what I mean. And on the world map or story scenes, they characters act in a cute anime style way (I can't believe I said “cute”).

In Battle Animations are wonderful. But the battle background is just so plain. Summons, psynergy, unleashes (your weapons have these).... they all are just sweet stuff. And all the weapons are different looking; most RPGs don't do this, especially on the Gameboy.

Final Word; Graphics are one the best there is.

Replay = 4/5
Best part of the game, in my opinion. You can play Easy or Hard mode after you beat the game. You can go through the game again but, it does get abit boring. Hard Mode is challenging, so if you want a challenge play Hard Mode. If you wanna stroll through (or even pull off a speed run) then go Easy mode.

Sidequests can be tedious or fun, depends. You can get the best class set ups and weapon set ups. Find all the Djinn. Level up. Defeat secret bosses. Go through the secret dungeon. The list goes on….

Final Word; the replay is so good. Can last over 100 or 200 hours.

Pros:
One of the best GBA games out there.
More summons, weapons, items, and Djinn.
You can spend over 100 hours on this.

Cons:
Little replay.
Hideous Voiceovers.

TOTAL SCORE: 9/10

Story = 3/5
Gameplay = 5/5
Audio = 4/5
Graphics = 4/5
Replay = 4/5

FINAL WORDS: This is a great game. One of the best GBA games. I very strongly recommend it. Go get it! And if you think it sucks, then you can complain on the message boards! =D But seriously, I've said this many times but I'll say it again. This game is a very good game. But if you wanna get the WHOLE story of Golden Sun, then get the first Golden Sun. It goes through as Isaac, Garet, Ivan, and Mia.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/19/04