Review by BenhTheMan

"Probably one of the best Zelda's to date."

A Link to the Past has been said to been a lot of people's favorite Zelda, some even say it is the best Zelda game made so far, whatever your opinion is on this game one thing is for sure this is one of the best if not the best Zelda games out there. A link to the Past was originally made on the SNES and is the third Zelda game made by Nintendo.

Plot 10/10

You start out as a young boy named Link who hears this voice saying her name is Zelda and asking for your help. You wake up and your Uncle tells you he's going out but he'll be back and tells you to stay until he returns. But why listen to you Uncle when you can go save a princess? So you leave the house into the dark and stormy night and head for Hyrule Castle.

Graphics 10/10

The Graphics for this game are nicely done for being 16-bit. The sprites are good, the dungeons are nicely done as well. To be honest there really isn't much to say the sprites are nice and everything, can't find anything to complain about so it gets a 10.

Music 10/10

This game has a great soundtrack. Songs like the Dark World Theme, the Over world theme, Kakariko village are great songs. Boss music and the final boss music against Ganon are great as well.

Game Play 10/10

You go through each Palace or level kill enemies, solve puzzles, get keys to continue in the dungeon usually keys are obtained from solving a puzzle or killing all the enemies. Then when you get the big key, you can get the item obtained in the big chest and then go face the boss. But I believe what most people like about LTTP is that there are two worlds to explore and even though they are similar they are totally different. This keeps the game fresh, I think. As soon as you reach the Dark World it is almost like an entire different game well not really the game play is the same just the world is different. But it feels like a new game, making the player eager to go explore this new world. Also there is a new multiplayer game to this called Four Swords. Which is a fun multiplayer game but you are going to have to find someone who has the game, a link cable and a GBA or SP. I was lucky enough to find three friends who had all of that and was able to play this game in four player mode. We had a blast and we replayed through it many times, the levels are not always the same so it has good replay ability. However finding three other people to be able to play this game in four player mode is probably going to be impossible, but good luck if you decide to try.

Overall 10/10

All I can say is that if you haven't played this game, I HIGHLY recommend it. I doubt you will be able to stop yourself from playing this game until it is over.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/11/08

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (US, 12/03/02)