Review by zack125

"An excellent port"

INTRODUCTION
A Link to the Past was my first Zelda game when it launched back on the SNES. It was probably one of the most fun games I had ever played back then. So, why am I reviewing the GBA version? At one point, I sold my SNES and A Link to the Past with it. As time went on, I wanted to play it more and more so my only other option was to get it for the GBA. Since I wasn't able to find someone else to play with me, I will not review Four Swords. That's right, there are two games in one: A Link to the Past and Four Swords. However, you'd better find someone who has this game or else you will not be able to play Four Swords.

GAMEPLAY
A Link to the Past plays pretty much from what you'd come to expect from an action-adventure game. The difficulty, however, hasn't changed much from the SNES (from what I could notice, anyways), which means it's still a challenge. Another thing, if you've managed to beat A Link to the Past and Four Sword, you'll be able to go to a special dungeon, which is located on the pyramid in the Dark World. Overall, there are about twelve dungeons you'll have to go through before facing the final boss.

GRAPHICS
A Link to the Past has some pretty nice graphics, even for the GBA. But you also got to consider that it was first released on the SNES, so graphics haven't changed much when playing the GBA version.

STORY
At the beginning of the game, Princess Zelda appears to you in a dream asking for help. Our favorite princess has been kidnapped yet again and you must rescue her before Agahnim (Ganon's puppet) uses his magic on her to break his master's seal.

REPLAYABILITY
I don't know if it's because I haven't played this game in years but I found the replayability a little lacking. Sure, there's quite a few places in the game where I just love playing it over again but I don't find that motivating to restart the entire game just to get to this specific place.

FINAL RECOMMENDATIONS
I recommend this game to anyone who wants to experience a Zelda game. Not only that but finding the original version of this game will probably be hard to find, unless of course you buy it online.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 12/02/08

Game Release: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (US, 12/03/02)