Review by megaman2

"If you are wondering why this is my favorite game..."

Introduction For those of you who are a fan of the Legend of Zelda series, or for those of you playing this for the first time, you will not be disappointed. This game is basically a port of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for the SNES. Embark out in the land of Hyrule, when one day our hero Link wakes up on a stormy night, only to find his uncle gone. As Link headed to the castle he found his uncle inside, took his sword, and began an epic journey never to be forgot. Explore dungeon after dungeon, build up you health, find new and exciting weapons to add to your arsenal, and save Princess Zelda!

Graphics 9/10 Just remember this game is a port of a game that was made nearly 11 years ago, yet the graphics remain crisp, clean, and really add to the excitement of you adventure. For those of you who are planning on linking up and playing The Four Swords, get ready to wipe away your drool. For the post part the graphics fit the game excellently!

Music/Sound 10/10 Ahhhh sounds as beautiful as it did then now! I don't know how anyone couldn't be instantly hooked to the catchy tunes, and for those of you who have played Zelda before, you will be in paradise. Some of you may be upset about the grunts Link makes when he swings his sword, but I feel it just adds to the emotion of the game.

Gameplay 10/10 Probably the part about this game that shines the most. How could you not enjoy the vast land of Hyrule. Explore both the Light and Dark world to save princess Zelda. This has proved to keep me playing time and time again. It is so simple, and yet makes the game an instant classic. I don't know why nobody though of it sooner. For people who haven't played the game before the controls and functions will only take minutes to master and the memory's will last a life time.

Multiplayer 10/10 Although I haven't had the opportunity to play this yet, from what I have seen it is spectacular. I wish more of my friends had a GBA so we could complete The Four Swords. Graphically Multiplayer is outstanding and will add hours to your experience!

Replay 10/10 Not only is the quest 25+ hours long, but the multiplayer will also add hours to the games life. I've had this game for the SNES, and it had never become boring. After beating the game you can try to do speed runs and see how long it takes you to complete the game.

Overall 10/10 As you can tell by my introduction this is probably my favorite game of all time. Being able to take a classic with you wherever you go will give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside. My personal favorite thing about this game is the number of items you receive as your quest unfolds. Magic staffs, sacred medallions, many sword upgrades, bow and arrows, bombs, boomerangs, magic rods, a magic cape, and don't forget the many other memorable items.

FINAL THOUGHT!!! BUY BUY BUY! I don't know what else I can say except that you will not regret it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/05/02, Updated 12/05/02