Review by velmarg

"One of the greatest games of all time; to go."

Ah, at last. The classic ''Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past'' arrives on the GBA, with the multiplayer ''Four Swords''. Was it worth the wait? Yep... I'm really writing this review for the people that have played the old LTTP. If you haven't, you should probably check out one of the other fine reviews here. If you have, you'll find this sums things up pretty good.

Well, there's not much to say here, other than it looks just like the SNES one. Which isn't really bad. The ''Four Swords'' features more cartoonish graphics that look good as well.

Sound has some improvements and drops in quality. The music is of lower quality, obviously, but still sounds great. Link also makes a ''yah!'' sound when he attacks, and a ''YAAAHH!'' when he does a sword spin. It gives the game a little more life, if you ask me, and is a welcome addition.

Control: 8/10

The only department where the game takes a bit of a hit. It's ok for the most part. They really had little choice making ''R'' the action button. But making ''SELECT'' the menu button.. I don't know what they were thinkin' there. It really is hard to get used to. A pointless mistake. Other than that, it's alright.

Well, what do you expect? It's Link to the Past! All the awesome gameplay from the classic is back, and as enjoayble as ever. Now, you can kill those Armos Knights while you're sitting around in study hall, or smack around Agahnim (did I spell that right?) while you wait in the car for someone to come out of the store. The ability to play this game on the GBA is a dream come true. This truly is the must have game for the hand-held.

''Four Swords'', the multiplayer adventure that comes with LTTP (they're on the same cartridge), is decent fun. You basically run around in different levels, getting rupies, killing monsters, and solving puzzles. It's a little hard to find someone with the game that you can link up with, but if you manage to get 1-3 other people, you're in for a treat. Not quite as stellar as LTTP, but a worthy addition nonetheless.

Replay: 9/10

I have to say, I could play through LTTP over and over and over and never get completely tired of the game. Most people will eventually tire of it, but then there's the ''Four Swords'', which serves up a whole lto of multi. If you can't play Four Swords, I give it an 8.

Can't let a few flaws bring down the classic of classics. If you've never played LTTP, do yourself a favor and get this one for Christmas.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/05/02, Updated 12/05/02